By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I want Microsoft to Acquire Magic the gathering

MS is probably the only one that can acquire them, since MtG belongs to Wizards of the Coast, which in turn belongs to Hasbro. And that would be a lot of money, MS would probably need to buy Hasbro itself, since I doubt they would sell Wizards, being that's one of their golden geese.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
HoloDust said:

MS is probably the only one that can acquire them, since MtG belongs to Wizards of the Coast, which in turn belongs to Hasbro. And that would be a lot of money, MS would probably need to buy Hasbro itself, since I doubt they would sell Wizards, being that's one of their golden geese.

How big has Hasbro gotten? Market cap.

A whopping 11.4 billion USD. Considering how big their IPs are it seems a little low, but still very huge. In comparison, Hasbro is worth the same as Zynga when it was bought by Take-Two. Btw Market Cap isn't the same as price for acquisition bcuz things like debt can increase price. 

SegaHeart said:
HoloDust said:

How big has Hasbro gotten? Market cap.

$11.41 billion

Just the #98609845734985760943898945 topic of " I want my fave console to buy everything for a monopoly" topic

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

MS did have some relationship with them, Magic 2015 was Xbox console exclusive and was published by MS themselves on XBO/360.

Around the Network

Gamers: Third Parties are the lifeblood of gaming

Also Gamers: I hope my favorite company buys your favorite third party developer so you have to buy my favorite console to play it

so you need to sell a kidney?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Why not the entire Wizards of the coast or the entire Hasbro!? Make good D&D games!!

A real livetime game Magic instead of turn based card game? That could be interesting. Although MS would likely need a studio for it since their RPG studios already have RPG games in place.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Manlytears said:

Why not the entire Wizards of the coast or the entire Hasbro!? Make good D&D games!!

Wizards has revenue of somewhat over $1 billion, the next big push is scheduled for 2024 with next iteration of DnD which is accompanied by bigger focus on digital experiences, which will increase their profits as well. Is that by itself worth buying whole Hasbro, for just them? I really doubt it, but if they make them an offer they can't refuse for just Wizards...

Personally, I can't say I care one way or the other, there are devs out there (like Larian) who can make good DnD games...