By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How hard would you explode if Chrono Trigger had the same FF7 Remake treatment with PS4 engine and gameplay?

How much will you spend? What other Square Enix games if givin the FF7 remake engine would you have aneurysm? What moments would you have a seizure seeing in 3D ala FF 7 remake?

0:15 mark of trailer below

1:02 mark video below

Top 5 

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 10 August 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Around the Network

Also

3:49 mark of breath of Fire 2 Heart warming speech about mom transforming into dragon. 9:39 mark Read carefully impactful story and reality bent from the chosen one dieing breath as a 8 year old boy devoured torn to shreds that reality bends to rewrite heroes fate. I'm sweating thinking of this meeting in FF7 remake full 3D

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

I would prefer a simple HD 2D remaster. I don't need Chrono Trigger released in episodes with a bunch of items behind paywalls.

What did CT deserve to be shit on by SE like this? HD 2D Remake is the best case scenario.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:

I would prefer a simple HD 2D remaster. I don't need Chrono Trigger released in episodes with a bunch of items behind paywalls.

Not in episodes but a full game in 3D. Just like what if Super Metroid was 3D?

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger and Breath of fire deserve a remake with Dragon Quest XI style of graphics.
No story changes or "reimagining". Just the same game with some modern features (Autosaves, Better menus or post game content).

Loneken said:

Chrono Trigger and Breath of fire deserve a remake with Dragon Quest XI style of graphics.
No story changes or "reimagining". Just the same game with some modern features (Autosaves, Better menus or post game content).

You did it better than me, I was trying to say this instead but forgot FF7 remake had episodes and changes. 

How hard would I explode? Haha well I guess the wife is going to have a good night, after I hear about any Chrono Trigger remaster. I'm with the others though, that I would prefer the 2D-HD style for it.

rapsuperstar31 said:

How hard would I explode? Haha well I guess the wife is going to have a good night, after I hear about any Chrono Trigger remaster. I'm with the others though, that I would prefer the 2D-HD style for it.

I'd buy HD2D remaster too, It should outsell even Elden Ring. Though I still haven't played Eldin Ring I know I'm late. But I've been aching for Chrono Trigger for Modern Consoles mostly the Nintendo Switch ^_^

I don't even think it needs the full on FF7 Remake treatment. I'd be perfectly happy with a Trials of Mana remake style treatment for it. Upgrade from 2D to 3D, but with a lower budget and the storyline and gameplay intact.

We already know that Toriyama's character designs translate well into 3D thanks to DQ11.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 August 2022