By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How hard would you explode if Chrono Trigger had the same FF7 Remake treatment with PS4 engine and gameplay?

I would prefer a simple HD 2D remaster. I don't need Chrono Trigger released in episodes with a bunch of items behind paywalls.

Around the Network

What did CT deserve to be shit on by SE like this? HD 2D Remake is the best case scenario.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrono Trigger and Breath of fire deserve a remake with Dragon Quest XI style of graphics.
No story changes or "reimagining". Just the same game with some modern features (Autosaves, Better menus or post game content).

How hard would I explode? Haha well I guess the wife is going to have a good night, after I hear about any Chrono Trigger remaster. I'm with the others though, that I would prefer the 2D-HD style for it.

SegaHeart said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

How hard would I explode? Haha well I guess the wife is going to have a good night, after I hear about any Chrono Trigger remaster. I'm with the others though, that I would prefer the 2D-HD style for it.

I'd buy HD2D remaster too, It should outsell even Elden Ring. Though I still haven't played Eldin Ring I know I'm late. But I've been aching for Chrono Trigger for Modern Consoles mostly the Nintendo Switch ^_^

It's not a remaster. HD 2D is Unreal 4. Same engine as FF7R. SO it would be a full remake esp since HD 2D is 3D with sprite characters.

Around the Network

What a gross way to start a thread.

I would probably be dissapointed no matter the result. Chrono Trigger is not FF7, I don't think would make justice to Chrono Trigger in 3D, the best outcome would be HD 2D, as Octopath or Live a Live.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm still shocked by how Chrono Trigger managed to have one of the most unforgettable journeys in just 15 hours of length. That's why it deserves a FFVII Remake treatment. I don't want the same experience, I want something new that makes me appreciate the source material even more.

JCGamer55 said:

I'm still shocked by how Chrono Trigger managed to have one of the most unforgettable journeys in just 15 hours of length. That's why it deserves a FFVII Remake treatment. I don't want the same experience, I want something new that makes me appreciate the source material even more.

In that case let's go the 7th gen era treatment. Make it a gritty reboot. Where they say fuck a lot. Sadly Grin is dead so no Bionic Commando 2009 Wife arm for CT. Ninja Theory is still around. They can make it. Chrono is a emo teen straight out of 2004. Lavos is really a TV personality turned politician and has gross sex scenes and something about drinking gross soda. Let's do this!

Last edited by Leynos - on 10 August 2022

Leynos said:
JCGamer55 said:

In that case let's go the 7th gen era treatment. Make it a gritty reboot. Where they say fuck a lot. Sadly Grin is dead so no Bionic Commando 2009 Wife arm for CT. Ninja Theory is still around. They can make it. Chrono is a emo teen straight out of 2004. Lavos is really a TV personality turned politician and has gross sex scenes and something about drinking gross soda. Let's do this!

Yeah, that would be cool too.