By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hori Split Pad and other Joycon replacements

So, my right Joypad finally gave out on me and I started considering a replacement. Since I never cared much for those as I have to use the Satisfye grip extension (the buttons and layout in general are too small for my hands - I'm 6 foot tall), I'll probably grab Hori. The bummer about those is: they don't work if not attached. I have searched for different options and one of the most promising seems to be this:

https://binbok.com/?wmc-currency=CAD

I'm not sure though. I would like to hear from hands on experiences if there are users around.

Does anybody here have any experience with one of those mentioned above, or another Joycon replacement that I don't know about? If I'm not mistaken, somebody asked a similar question over this board a while ago, but I couldn't find where.

Any input is appreciated.

Around the Network

I love the Split Pad Pro. I bought two of them. If you don't mind that they don't have rumble or can't be used independently they are perfect. There is a charger you can buy to use them as a pro controller but not looked into it. The analog sticks are great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I love the Split Pad Pro. I bought two of them. If you don't mind that they don't have rumble or can't be used independently they are perfect. There is a charger you can buy to use them as a pro controller but not looked into it. The analog sticks are great.

Thanks for the input!

I second the Hori Split Pad. I bought mine when my cons started drifting and haven't looked back. Makes the system even more comfortable to use as a handheld. They're very light but are of high quality. Been using them for close to two years and have had no problems, though I do miss rumble sometimes.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

I use the Hori Split Pad also for 2 years now. When I used it the first time it was absolutely unbelievable how precise the analog sticks work. That's because they work mechanically, not wireless (because there's no battery in the Split Pad controllers). If you don't need rumble and motion controls and you look for a joy-con replacement for handheld mode only, the Hori Split Pad Pro is a no-brainer. Finally no drift problems anymore.

For motion control games that require joy-cons in TV mode (like Super Mario Party, Pokémon Let's Go or Nintendo Switch Sports) I still use my old joy-cons.

Around the Network

Hey, guys. thanks for all the input. the problem is: for Monster Hunter Rise, the game I play the most, vibration and (to a lesser extent) gyro play a big part of the Bow gameplay, so I would like to know if someone uses one of the other options that have rumble.