By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 11 JRPG's releasing between 7/29 - 11/2022; 3 you KNOW you will play by end of 2022!

Crisis Core!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh baby I cant wait to replay this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put my money down that this will be more fun than FF7 remake :D

Around the Network

I added SD Gundam and Sword of Fairy

Definitely:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Probably:

• The DioField Chronicle
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero

Possibly:

• Soul Hackers 2
  • Valkyrie Elysium
  • Star Ocean: The Divine Force
  • Harvestella*
  • Tactics Ogre: Reborn
  • Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII Reunion

Everything else, who knows.

*Edit: You didn't list this so I almost forgot.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 28 July 2022

I've been on a bit of a jrpg kick lately. Played through Star Ocean 1st departure, Persona 5 Strikers and Royal, Grandia 1 and 2 HD, Wild Arms 1, and The Longest 5 Minutes in the past 6 or so months. I wouldn't say there are any must play games on that list, but I will certainly look at reviews for Crisis Core, Star Ocean, and maybe Tactics Ogre.

Picking up all of them except the Gundam and Sword and Fairy games. The top three that I will for sure play this year though? Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (already playing it right now), Soul Hackers 2, The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero.

Around the Network

After Xenoblade I'm gonna try Digimon first.

If anything, it would be Xenoblade 3, but I still have about half of Chronicles X to finish, and Chronicles 2. The backlog is real.

It's been a bit of a JRPG year though. Played through all the FF Pixel Remasters and Treasure of the Rudras. And I have Live A Live on deck.

CladInShadows said:

If anything, it would be Xenoblade 3, but I still have about half of Chronicles X to finish, and Chronicles 2. The backlog is real.

It's been a bit of a JRPG year though. Played through all the FF Pixel Remasters and Treasure of the Rudras. And I have Live A Live on deck.

How you like Treasure of the Rudra? Love that game.

Xxain said:
CladInShadows said:

How you like Treasure of the Rudra? Love that game.

Absolutely fantastic. I never even knew it existed until the middle of last year. Discovered it along with Live A Live. So I grabbed a bootleg copy from AliExpress to play on my Super NT.

It could have easily been a Final Fantasy 6.5, and it's interesting that some of the backstory around the game mentions that it was one of the possible candidates for Final Fantasy 7. Beautiful game too. Maybe a step below PS1 quality for the 2D animations.

It had a really cool premise/story that stayed satisfying until the very end.

And that soundtrack! 

Yeah, if they did a re-release of the game like they did with Live A Live, I'd easily play it again.

Will definitely play Tactics Ogre though it may or may not be this year.

Probably Crisis Core too at some point. Maybe Harvestella and Soul Hackers.

Will wait for reviews for Valkyrie Elysium and Diofield.