By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii trolling article, Wii will die in gamers’ eyes

Gaming is all about watching the screen, clearly.. gameplay is secondary and hence it is impossible for games to be good on wii... this author is clever

Around the Network

I agree with that paragrah, not that I think graphic > gameplay. dont get me wrong I own a wii and I think its fantastic. just imo if nintendo didn't sell the wii for a profit instead use that profit margin to put a better GPU unit with more fancy rendering features(don't have to be 720p) just the fancy eye candy support. With the run away success concept and better gpu, the console war may have already over by now and killed off ps2 immediately. I think the wii is another factor that keeps the ps2 alive because of developer able to port games over.

There's been a sudden surge of anti-Wii articles lately, it's almost like a response to NPD numbers. The better it sells, the more people have to convince themselves that it's not a factor.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Pk9394 said:
I agree with that paragrah, not that I think graphic > gameplay. dont get me wrong I own a wii and I think its fantastic. just imo if nintendo didn't sell the wii for a profit instead use that profit margin to put a better GPU unit with more fancy rendering features(don't have to be 720p) just the fancy eye candy support. With the run away success concept and better gpu, the console war may have already over by now and killed off ps2 immediately. I think the wii is another factor that keeps the ps2 alive because of developer able to port games over.

Since it's selling faster than any other console ever and faster than Nintendo can make them, would adding more value to the Wii really have killed the competition?

And could somebody please post a shot of the Iraqi information minister in honour of this brilliant article? 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Whats up with bashing the Wii?

Around the Network

2002ish is kinda offbase anyways, I can't think of any 2002 game that comes close to MP3, SSBB, SMG, or what else... maybe 2005ish(first gen of 360 games)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

It's the back lash to Wii Fit coming and storming the coast. So called gamers are pissy about it becoming such a big deal.

It also seems Dvorak hinted at the NYT taking money to run slander against the Wii. It seems someone who needs more developers working on their system may be behind the obviously wrong article.

Ignore these fools, go out and buy Okami if you haven't already and bask in it's greatness for awhile. It's the best way to prove these people wrong.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

you know-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault came out in 2002 on the PC. It was considered to be one of the best game in the series.

Its graphics were not too good, though. I'm sure Wii games look better than this:

Stupid people saying Wii is teh fail again... you know what I could say PS1 and PS2 was teh fail but I would be wrong... just because it's not the console you support doesn't mean it's not a success.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

dam i thought i was a gamer ...i guess i am actually a turnip.....