By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you believe MS will ever add an Internet browser to XBOXLIVE??

I have Linux installed on my PS3, so I can mail, browse and more. Also have my keyboard hooked up to it. I also have my pc next to my PS3, but it's way noisier then my ps3. Therefore I prefer PS3 if I only want to browse or mail, never use the ps3 built in browser.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

maybe in the spring dash update?

http://www.youtube.com/sweetlamakidsenior .....SSBB, Gears, GTA vids

Sweetlamakid got banned so it's now sweetlamakidsenior

"Good games come and go, but Gears is forever"

console browsers are lame. Xbox live doesn't need it, because EVERYONE with Xbox live already has a laptop where that stuff belongs. It's such a hassle to use console browsers i don't see why people even bother because you can send 20 emails on a laptop before someone can send 1 on a console.

I think it could be a cool feature. I might use it once or twice a week. That is granted it actually happens which I don't think it will.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

ToastyJaguar said:
console browsers are lame. Xbox live doesn't need it, because EVERYONE with Xbox live already has a laptop where that stuff belongs. It's such a hassle to use console browsers i don't see why people even bother because you can send 20 emails on a laptop before someone can send 1 on a console.

lol what?

I personally know a guy who has Xbox live but doesn't have a PC or laptop.

There are probably thousands others like him.

I like the feature of having a browser, I can watch Youtube videos on my TV and can use it to post messages if my PC is in use by another member of my family.

Around the Network

Well I don't really care one way or the other. My "hd tv" is my computer monitor using the VGA input (my 360 is also hooked up to it via HDMI), so I do use my tv for using the internet. Console browsers are usually pretty bad though. I've used the Wii browser maybe once or twice in all the time it's been out. I got it when it first came out just to try it out. Using a PC is soooo much better.
(Plus I have my laptop for wireless access anywhere around my place, good for when my gf is using the desktop/playing games on the hd tv ;-p)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"