By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite non-Nintendo handheld console?

What's your favorite non-Nintendo handheld console?

Atari Lynx 13 2.23%

Sega Game Gear 99 17.01%

TurboExpress 9 1.55%

Sega Nomad 11 1.89%

Neo Geo Pocket 17 2.92%

Bandai WonderSwan 10 1.72%

Nokia N-Gage 10 1.72%

PlayStation Portable 278 47.77%

PlayStation Vita 135 23.20%

Total:582

PSP no contest.

-Crisis Core FF
- Dissidia FF
- Persona 3 Portable
- Tekken Dark Resurrection
- MGS Peace Walker
and many more...

Around the Network

PSP, I used that thing everywhere I went.

Used it to watch movies, play games, browse the net, customised to to hell and back. The handheld was just really good for it's time, shame Sony fumbled it up with the Vita, otherwise I'd have been on board with that instead of the DS.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Machina said:

The PSV was a great bit of tech, but I had more fun and spent way more time playing my PSP.

I have to agree my dream would be the Vita with a PSP equivalent library.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I only ever had (have) a Vita, and that was because I wanted to play Uncharted Golden Abyss. I don't have anything else for it, because nothing else interested me. Still though, Vita at least had one game that interested me, while PSP or any other had none whatsoever. So to me Vita would win by default, but I won't vote because it's not really a fair conclusion.

Top 5 PSP Games:

Ridge Racers
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Daxter
Lumines (Bonus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Out of those? PSP. It was the only non-Nintendo handheld I ever owned.

Depends on if you are including custom firmwares or not. Vita because if you put custom firmware on it, then you had the entire PS1, PSP and Vita libraries then you could emulate almost every handheld that came before it, aside from like the DS and 3DS because of the two screens.

Standard no modifications, I'd still go with the Vita as you could download some PSP and PS1 games from the PSN store and I enjoyed the Vita games more then I did the PSP, which would be in second place.