By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XVl: Summon battles, Party members, not open world, another trailer coming.

Honestly glad to hear the game doesn't have an open-world design. Many open world games have these big worlds that don't really feel engaging or interactive, so it just feels a bit boring and unnecessary. I'm pretty hopeful for the game because of the team handling it as well; could use a break from Nomura/Toriyama/Kitasa in a mainline game for a bit.

Around the Network

What everyone should be discussing is how someone could say that FFXV worldbuilding was any good.

Really exited for this game.
Open world can be done right and can be amazing when done. But it's not necessary. Like someone said already xenoblade is amazing at making huge areas that feel like an open world. If xvi goes that direction it could be insane.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I always buy FF - hope this one shows some love put into it

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

It looks like it has potential. I don't particularily like the look of the older Clive, but of course we must reserve judgement. The only thing bothering me is how they finally nailed the battle system in FF7 Remake. They developed a turn based action RPG hybrid where you play the battles as a party of three. There is just no other RPG that has managed to pull that off.

Its dissapointing to see them leave that behind and focus on only one character with a DMC style combat engine. That aside lets hope they can still make a decent game out of it.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Some people have Nomura rent free in theirs heads, anything bad hapens in square enix ? ITS NOMURA AGAIN !!!

FF haters are broken records, get a life.

Who pissed in your cornflakes? I'm not interested in the direction of his recent gaming projects so I'm glad a mainline FF let's different talent shine for a change. Way to overreact. 

Mar1217 said:
A203D said:

It looks like it has potential. I don't particularily like the look of the older Clive, but of course we must reserve judgement. The only thing bothering me is how they finally nailed the battle system in FF7 Remake. They developed a turn based action RPG hybrid where you play the battles as a party of three. There is just no other RPG that has managed to pull that off.

Its dissapointing to see them leave that behind and focus on only one character with a DMC style combat engine. That aside lets hope they can still make a decent game out of it.

Uuuuh, you do know that FFVII Rebirth was just announced right ? They're not abandoning this system. It's just another mainline FF trying something else.

The concern is that the 'something else' will replace what they've acheived in FF7 Remake. We don't want another single player action game with AI controlled party members, like Kingdom Hearts of Tales.

Unfortunately it looks like this is where it could be going.