By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jet set radio future is not getting ported ever it seems looked at music aswell and alot of them are licensed music

I figured that would be the case, but I thought Xbox would at least make JSRF backwards compatible if you have the original disc. It's what they did with the 50 Cent game which had a TON of licensed music. Blood on the Sand I think it was. As long as you have the original disc, you can play it on your Series X/S

Around the Network

If any game needs a remake, it is JSRF. That game is absolutely amazing in every since. A shame really. 4k at 60 fps would be awesome.

Chrkeller said:

If any game needs a remake, it is JSRF. That game is absolutely amazing in every since. A shame really. 4k at 60 fps would be awesome.

Visually it really doesn't. I'm emulating it right now and it holds up remarkably well. Would welcome some improved controls, though. At least we've got a new entry to look forward to alongside Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

One of my fave gaming OSTs and the composer is funny as hell to follow on Twitter. JSRF is my fave OG Xbox game. All I want in a new JSR is just to take future and all the regions and combine them to make it an open world. Nothing crazy big.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It needs multiplayer.

Hell, make it massively multiplayer so you can actually have your gangs.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
Chrkeller said:

Visually it really doesn't. I'm emulating it right now and it holds up remarkably well. Would welcome some improved controls, though. At least we've got a new entry to look forward to alongside Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

Wind Waker was massively improved with the migration to HD and improved graphics.  I have to believe the same would be true with JSRF, not that it matters, given it isn't going to happen.

SHUT UP AND EAT!
SHUT UP AND EAT!

Man I have fond memories of JSRF and I love the music for that game (I have the OST) and I say this as a metal head that listen to metal 99% of the time listening to music (and about 80 % of the metal I listen to is extreme metal).

The thing with JSRF is that it is an game that is unique when weighing in all game play concepts in one single coherent game. One of the few titles I would be able to accept as art in the ”games are art” discussion on this forum.