By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Marvel's Spiderman (remastered) is coming to PC! (and sold-through over 33million copies)

Amazing sales.

It seems like Insomniac is trying to make the name “Spider-Man” synonymous with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales. Based on the first trailer, it seems like, while this is being called Spider-Man 2, it may actually focus on both PP and MM equally.

I also found it interesting how they announced the TOTAL sales, rather than separating SM 1 and MM. I feel like this is further intention toward the goal of making MM just “Spider-Man,” rather than “Miles Morales,” or the “Miles Morales version of Spider-Man.”

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:

Amazing sales.

It seems like Insomniac is trying to make the name “Spider-Man” synonymous with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales. Based on the first trailer, it seems like, while this is being called Spider-Man 2, it may actually focus on both PP and MM equally.

I also found it interesting how they announced the TOTAL sales, rather than separating SM 1 and MM. I feel like this is further intention toward the goal of making MM just “Spider-Man,” rather than “Miles Morales,” or the “Miles Morales version of Spider-Man.”

I think it is similar to Uncharted 4 and TLOU, MM is a kinda standalone spin-off DLC of S-M as Lost Legacy and Left Behind so they can count together (and certainly it done a lot better than the other 2 stand alones).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
Wman1996 said:

Good, Spider-Man should've not been locked to PlayStation to begin with.

I mean, Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Wolfenstein, etc, etc shouldn't be locked to one console manufacturer either, but alas, that's how it is. Besides, this current rendition is so great thanks to being "locked" to PlayStation.  :P

Well, to be fair, none of those games will be "locked" to one console either.

CGI-Quality said:
chakkra said:

Well, to be fair, none of those games will be "locked" to one console either.

Nintendo/PlayStation fans will not have access. Same situation. Has nothing to do with being fair.

Okay... let's go back a little bit; the post you replied to said "Spider-Man should've not been locked to PlayStation to begin with," and since we are talking about the game being ported to PC, I fail to see what exactly made you think that he was implying that it should come to Xbox or Switch.

CGI-Quality said:
chakkra said:

Okay... let's go back a little bit; the post you replied to said "Spider-Man should've not been locked to PlayStation to begin with," and since we are talking about the game being ported to PC, I fail to see what exactly made you think that he was implying that it should come to Xbox or Switch.

I didn't think he implied that at all. The point is business is business. Things get locked away to brands and even if we don't agree, that's just how it goes.

In that case you picked the wrong examples because, again, we are talking about games coming to PC here, and all of those games you listed are already coming to PC so they don't really apply there. Now, if you had said Bayonetta or Xenoblade Chronicles, I would have understood better.

Oh, and I do agree with you that it is all business and "feelings" don't matter.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

When the only company capable of making the investment to deliver a great Spider-Man is a platform holder what would you expect?

Does no one remember the Spider man games on PS1? im pretty sure they was made by the same devs who made Tony hawk also on PS1?. For the time they where freking good Spider man games...

I do remember, and they got nowhere near the level or sales of the Insomniac Spider-Man. How much did those sold on PC?

The PS1 era Spider-man seem to have move no more than 4M, so I doubt their PC versions were anywhere near the level that would give this confidence of 15M you are imagining. And the other Spider-Man before Insomniac sold even less.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 05 June 2022

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

the-pi-guy said:
zero129 said:

That 100% locked?.

Also them IP's where made by the studios that are now owned by MS. Spider Man was never made by Sony or any of the studios it now owns. And was never ever Exclusive before. Can the same be said about any of them IP's you mentioned?.

It's a weird argument to bring this up. Why does it matter if MS owns the IPs? Sony has the rights to the Spiderman games. And those games in particular are considered their property. It's legally no different from those games for MS. 

If you want to talk about fair, it's equally unfair because those games used to be enjoyed by PlayStation gamers. 

"No the character also was not made by Sony so i dont know what you mean?."

CGi didn't say that the character was. Explicitly said the opposite. He's pointing out that Sony owns Spider-Man PS4/PS5, and Spiderman Miles Morales. The only difference between these, and Elder Scrolls/Doom, is that Sony didn't invent the characters/property. 

But I do love to see how some try to make Sony having the rights to develop a single IP (and for all we know it isn't even exclusive right) of Marvel is worse than MS buying multiple publishers that used to make multiplatform games and now will remove most of their games from Playstation.

DonFerrari said:
pitzy272 said:

Amazing sales.

It seems like Insomniac is trying to make the name “Spider-Manâ€Â synonymous with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales. Based on the first trailer, it seems like, while this is being called Spider-Man 2, it may actually focus on both PP and MM equally.

I also found it interesting how they announced the TOTAL sales, rather than separating SM 1 and MM. I feel like this is further intention toward the goal of making MM just “Spider-Man,â€Â rather than “Miles Morales,â€Â or the “Miles Morales version of Spider-Man.â€Â

I think it is similar to Uncharted 4 and TLOU, MM is a kinda standalone spin-off DLC of S-M as Lost Legacy and Left Behind so they can count together (and certainly it done a lot better than the other 2 stand alones).

But they never lumped the sales of Uncharted 4 and LL or TLoU 1 and Left Behind together and announced the sales as just “Uncharted 4 sales” or “TLoU sales.”

zero129 said:
CGI-Quality said:

The lock is above and so are the keys. 

No the character also was not made by Sony so i dont know what you mean?.

Edit* I removed the fun joke part that was here as it seems you think that a reason not to reply.

This whole argument against CGI is ridiculous. The original person complained about Sony having SM exclusively on PlayStation consoles, but the argument is really unfounded. Sony brokered this deal and helped foster SM ps4 from inception to finish, so they can do what they want with it. 

And pretending that what MS has done is anything but far worse than what Sony’s done with SM is bananas. MS keeps buying multiplat studios that have been making games for PS for typically decades JUST so they can keep those games off of PS. And the money isn’t even coming from MS’s game division; it’s coming from the $100bil+ of cash that $2-trillion market cap MS has sitting around from its non-gaming cash-cow divisions. So when you’re talking companies that can compete with MS’s level of cash, this is a game only MS, Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook can play. It’s not even a fair fight with Sony. Yet our government allows it. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 06 June 2022

pitzy272 said:
DonFerrari said:

But they never lumped the sales of Uncharted 4 and LL or TLoU 1 and Left Behind together and announced the sales as just “Uncharted 4 sales” or “TLoU sales.”

That much is true. I can't even remember the last time they announce total sales for Uncharted as a series or if they ever announced total sales of TLOU series.