By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

I only ever played the first one, very very interested in this purchase.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Restored Content DLC? What's that? They're adding some stuff to the game?

I'd highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't played it yet though. IMO it's MUCH better than the 1st KOTOR game, and the 1st was already one of the best Star Wars games ever. A little dated graphically, but an awesome game nonetheless.

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember talk about the last part of the game not being fully realised, so this may well be them fixing that issue by either restoring content that was cut or adding new content that was planned to be part of the original game but was never made due to managerial decisions made by the publishers at that time.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Seems the Switch is finding it's home as a platform where lots of older home console titles are being ported.
Not a bad thing by any stretch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

They really need to put this and the first one on PS4. The KOTOR Remake is going to be a PS5 console exclusive, so the older games need to finally come to PlayStation.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

shikamaru317 said:

KOTOR 2 was rushed to market with just 18 months of development because LucasArts wanted a Holiday release and didn't want to wait a whole year to release it Holiday 2005. Due to the rush job, a good amount of content had to be cut, including a whole planet and it's quests (a planet with nothing but droids), and a mission on Telos to destroy the factory that was making the HK-51 units that hunt you the whole game, among other smaller things like some cutscenes and some dialogue trees and a new character and questline in the Jedi Enclave basement, and a slightly different ending where some of your party members die. Modders restored alot of that cut content on PC awhile back, not sure if Aspyr are releasing the fan made Restored Content mod as DLC for this KOTOR 2 port, or if they are making their own Restored Content DLC that isn't based on the fan-made one.

This indeed, and I’d like to add, the fan made restoration is absolutely great. A must for anyone that’s playing KotOR2 now. The droid factory part and the restored ending is vital to the story of the game.

It’s been a while since I played it, but back then there were two mods; the actual Restoration Mod, which restored everything there was existing content for, and the M4-78 mod (if I recall the planet’s name correctly), which added the droid planet, but this was mostly fanfic because there wasn’t much left in the game files.

Also curious to know if they’re adding the fan one or if they’re making their own. If they’re making an official restoration, definite buy from me.

Around the Network

Ooooh only ever played the first one which was awesome. This may find its way into my Switch lineup eventually!

Why Switch only I wonder? Regardless, this is great news. Curiously enough I played this one before the original KOTOR back in the day. I remember having a blast with this game and while some of the narrative elements in the first one are kinda better I think I might prefer this one. Characters like Kreia and Darth Bane from the older books are better than anything we've gotten in the movies, at least in my opinion.