By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: EA Has Been Looking to Sell or Merge

EA wanting to be sold shows why they stopped renewing the Fifa licence.

Around the Network

I would really enjoy if Nintendo is the one actually buying EA, such a unexpected plot twist hihi

IcaroRibeiro said:

I would really enjoy if Nintendo is the one actually buying EA, such a unexpected plot twist hihi

In that scenario I'd suspect that they would probably divest the sports agreements. Though I'd expect if the cost of buying EA would...probably go down. Maybe. 

And I won't lie, I have a certain annoyance with Respawn's early reactions to the Switch, so there would be a smug amusement to have them have to obey Nintendo of Japan going forward. 

Though not sure how much they'd get from EA. I honestly think they'd have gotten more from eating Bethesda or Activision Blizzard, and I'd certainly be more amused watching the internet react to those purchases than EA. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

For a company the size and reputation of EA only Meta/Facebook and Amazon make sense to me.

Others like Embracer, Netease, Tencent, Alibaba, Sony, Disney, Comcast, Apple, Netflix, Microsoft are either too small, too chinese, or too dont make sense

twintail said:
Azzanation said:

EA wanting to be sold shows why they stopped renewing the Fifa licence.

Or, you know, the increased costs of exclusivity to the licence wasn't worth it. 

The FIFA license would actually make them look more valuable (to any party who doesn't understand how unimportant FIFA branding actually is) imo even in face of a higher valuation. 

Not if they are wanting to be brought out. Having an overpriced multi billion dollar license will only increase the price of the buyout and not all purchasers would settle on it. Not renewing the overpriced Fifa branding actually increases their chance of being brought.

Around the Network
hinch said:

I just hope it isn't Disney or Amazon.. they seem to ruin everything they touch.. media wise. It would be horrible if Apple got them too, urgh.

Not sure what big conglomerate would be good fit for EA.

Well it would be a good fit then.

Just business as usual