By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Embracer Group plans to unleash the Square IP's they just acquired

This was taken from page 4 of Embracer's investors briefing and it already sounds like Embracer will be doing more good for those IP's they just bought from Square than Square ever has. The thought of having sequels as well as remakes/remasters for dormant IP's like Deus Ex and Legacy of Kain in particular has me more excited that these IP's can thrive again. 

The original Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever made and the thought of playing it completely modernized would be an absolute DREAM! 

Around the Network

I knew I'd like them better than Tencent.

I'm just REALLYYYYYY curious how they're going to handle Tomb Raider. The reboot series was good (Rise of the Tomb Raider was the best of the three, though), and I saw great potential in it becoming a pillar franchise in gaming against the giant of Uncharted, but now I'm just concerned... D:

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Well, from those franchises Deus Ex is not my thing and Tomb Raider is good but I wonder what will they do with it now? If they reboot it again then it would be the 3rd reboot in the franchise!

I would be REALLY interested in a Legacy of Kain remake though. I played and beat Blood Omen a couple of years ago and really enjoyed both the gameplay and the story which was fantastic.

Then I played Soul Reaver and it was a mixed bag. The story was AMAZING, one of the best on the PS1, but the gameplay ended up becoming boring to be honest. Another take on the franchise could be really cool.

Bring me Deus Ex! I would love an HD collection of HR and MD on current-gen systems and a 3rd and final Adam Jenson game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:

Well, from those franchises Deus Ex is not my thing and Tomb Raider is good but I wonder what will they do with it now? If they reboot it again then it would be the 3rd reboot in the franchise!

I would be REALLY interested in a Legacy of Kain remake though. I played and beat Blood Omen a couple of years ago and really enjoyed both the gameplay and the story which was fantastic.

Then I played Soul Reaver and it was a mixed bag. The story was AMAZING, one of the best on the PS1, but the gameplay ended up becoming boring to be honest. Another take on the franchise could be really cool.

Crystal Dynamics is working on a new Tomb Raider already using Unreal Engine 5 rather than the proprietary engine they used for the trilogy that wrapped up. So far, no more information has been announced regarding it being a reboot or not. I'm hoping it'll use the same world and Lara Croft that was established in this past trilogy.

They announced it in such a quiet way like "hey, we're working on this" and nothing else lol

Hope we get a remake of Human Revolution and a remaster of Mankind Divided in a single collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC ahead of the release of the 3rd game in the Adam Jensen trilogy. A remake for the first 2 Deus Ex games would be great as well. Also hoping the recent Tomb Raider trilogy gets a remaster collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC.

Also hope that Sleeping Dogs was among the IP that Embracer got and they they remaster or remake it and then make a sequel.

I just hope they unleash that Marvel IP someday.

Until then, I'm happy for Deus Ex to get some love.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Just give me Tomb Raider 1-3 on the Switch damnit.

Hope they remake deus ex.