By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My next game

Tagged games:

Which shall I get?

Ghostwire Toyko 4 40.00%

Stranger of Paradise 2 20.00%

Neither, I have a better recommendation 4 40.00%

Total:10

I'm playing through HFW. Sound get the platinum this or next week so not long left to go. Need to start thinking about what game to get next.

I have my eye on two games:

1) FF Stranger of paradise

2) Ghostwire Tokyo

I like hack and slash, I prefer them to be linear, but I loved FF7R as well as Nier Automata and Replicant so I suppose I don't mind if they aren't linear like DMC. 

Good visuals are a bonus, but I suppose Nier was the exception as well as ER, where I didn't mind graphics looking dated. Saying that I also enjoyed Ys 7. I love hack and slash games and I'm not sure what level of hack and slash this game is. Any info here would be good.

I like my FPS games. I played FC which was very much run of the mill Ubisoft. It's a shame as it had a decent story and characters, but it was good fun for cheap.

I love a bit of horror. Enjoyed RE7&8. Loved the trailers for GwT but never got around to buying it. I've watched Japanese and Korean horrors and loved Girl from Nowhere and this gave me some of them vibes. 

Not sure if this will be more Ubisoft or more RE. I prefer more physical combat like in hack and slash games, GOW and Horizon as you get that sense of physical impact a lot of FPS's don't give (I miss you KZ), but I suppose the Asian horror theme song with ninjitsu got me. Oh and it's on sale right now at GAME. 

What are your recommendations if you have played one or both?

Around the Network

Excuse me kind sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hollow Knight?

Ghostwire Tokyo is interesting for the first 10-15 mins and gets repetitive real fast. I'd skip that.

Jpcc86 said:

Excuse me kind sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hollow Knight?

THIS

I do. I can certainly try it since I got it free on Plus a while back. Is it a Metroidvania style game?

Around the Network
axumblade said:

Whichever one is cheaper at the moment. Neither will live up to the game you’re currently playing. 

Lol I don't even know how to reply to this lol

Strangers of Paradise is worth playing. It is not an excellent game, merely good.

However I recommend Normal or Casual mode to get through the story. The higher difficulties are not worth playing until post game. This game isn't like Elden Ring where you can get a ton more health if you are having trouble, or grind levels for proper damage. It takes a lot of skill and understanding of the game, with which I had very little, so normal difficulty was fine.

Fei-Hung said:

I do. I can certainly try it since I got it free on Plus a while back. Is it a Metroidvania style game?

It is a Metroidvania and one of the best ones.

Farsala said:

Strangers of Paradise is worth playing. It is not an excellent game, merely good.

However I recommend Normal or Casual mode to get through the story. The higher difficulties are not worth playing until post game. This game isn't like Elden Ring where you can get a ton more health if you are having trouble, or grind levels for proper damage. It takes a lot of skill and understanding of the game, with which I had very little, so normal difficulty was fine.

Might pick that up when the price drops then. ☺️

Kakadu18 said:
Fei-Hung said:

It is a Metroidvania and one of the best ones.

Since it is free, I will download and give it a shot :)