By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next level games is hiring

The newly acquired Nintendo second party development studio Next level games is looking for performance and tools engineers to help with future projects for the nintendo family of systems

Next level games has been around since the 13th of August 2002 and while they have been know to make and are most famous for nintendo games, specifically the mario strikers and luigi's mansion games, they have dipped their toes into other games such as transformers cybertron, captian America: super soldier and punch out.

On January 9, 2014, the studio announced that it would work exclusively with Nintendo from then on. On January 4, 2021, Nintendo announced that it had purchased Next Level Games after "A number of owner-directors recently determined that the time is right for them to sell their shares, and NLG therefore began exploring potential sale transactions". This acquisition took place on March 1.

Last edited by Kneetos - on 27 April 2022

Around the Network

Maybe they'll start developing a new Punch Out or Luigi's Mansion 4.

I'm curious if Nintendo will allow NLG to tackle another Nintendo IP after Mario Strikers that Nintendo themselves haven't expressed any interest in working on? Say......a new Star Fox or F-Zero? :D

Because if you think about it, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Strikers were dormant franchises for over a decade until NLG got to work on them.

gtotheunit91 said:

I'm curious if Nintendo will allow NLG to tackle another Nintendo IP after Mario Strikers that Nintendo themselves haven't expressed any interest in working on? Say......a new Star Fox or F-Zero? :D

Because if you think about it, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Strikers were dormant franchises for over a decade until NLG got to work on them.

To be fair Mario Strikers has always been made by Next Level Games so that's really a return to their roots, but yea they did revive Luigi's Mansion and kinda made it their thing.

But yeah I certainly wouldn't mind it, especially since it does get a little stale to see all of Nintendo's subsidiares just stick to 1 or 2 game series (not that it's really a problem with Next Level yet though).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

CaptainExplosion said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

To be fair Mario Strikers has always been made by Next Level Games so that's really a return to their roots, but yea they did revive Luigi's Mansion and kinda made it their thing.

But yeah I certainly wouldn't mind it, especially since it does get a little stale to see all of Nintendo's subsidiares just stick to 1 or 2 game series (not that it's really a problem with Next Level yet though).

That's the problem with Camelot. They're stuck with either Mario Golf or Tennis these days. And Nintendo NPD has some franchises it should revisit too, like Donkey Kong.

Same deal with Retro being the Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country developers lol. I know they did have a stint of co-developing Mario Kart 7 alongside Nintendo, but that's it as far as other IP's. 

There is that rumor that Nintendo EPD is working on a new Donkey Kong. If that's true, I'd expect that announcement to be in Nintendo's June Direct! 

Around the Network

Let them expand their talents instead of being tied to just sports and Luigi's Mansion.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Beat me to Punch with New Punch Out on Switch I hope to Spring Man in it, The 1st ARMS and Punch Out Collab 1st happened in Smash Ultimate

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

Let them expand their talents instead of being tied to just sports and Luigi's Mansion.

Maybe a platformer starring the NLG mascot robot like someone already suggested.

Meh, would come across as an Astro Bot knockoff even if it's not. Let them expand to more genres. Nintendo has plenty of platformers.

It wasn't a bad game just wasn't fit for the Metroid universe and had bad timing. People had not had a proper Metroid game in years and this felt like an insult. They could make a top-down adventure game or an F-Zero game. Maybe Starfox. A new IP action game. A new IP puzzle game. Many more possibilities than mentioned. I love Xenoblade I do but I also want Nintendo to let them make another IP as they are too talented to be constrained to 1 series. (Not talking about the assist studios that work on Zelda/MK and such)