By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alternatives to SNK and Capcom Games?

Dragonball Fighter Z is a pretty good alternative to Marvel. Guilty Gear or Melty Blood are closer to Street Fighter V. 

Of course, there's always the other option.

Around the Network

Just sell your soul to the devil and play the videogames you like. Might as well make yourself happy while you are alive, cause I doubt some Saudi Prince is gonna get stressed out because he is not getting those captainexplosion dollars anymore. Join us in the darkness. Be one with the void.

I mean, any third party companies could at any moment have minority or majority stakes sold to sketchy companies like that or Tencent. Why get attached to a new series that could get scooped up or at least partially purchased into? Your safest bet would be one of the Big 3, but even they could have minority shares owned by sketchy people.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Dragonball Fighter Z is a pretty good alternative to Marvel. Guilty Gear or Melty Blood are closer to Street Fighter V. 

Of course, there's always the other option.

For once I'm ok with that. Know any alternatives to Resident Evil? I would've said Silent Hill had Konami fucked that franchise over.

Depends on what you mean by Resident Evil. If you mean RE4-6, I'd suggest Tomb Raider. It's a bit similar in gameplay in that you're playing as a character who has guns and projectiles against enemies that do not, so the shooting aspect is about crowd control and stuff. If you're looking for a survival horror experience, the best I could think of is Zombi U, which also falls into the Dead Rising category a bit. The game was buggy as fuck on the Wii U, which is unfortunate because it was a really nice survival horror game otherwise. Genuinely makes you think carefully before firing a bullet. They remade it for PS4 and Xbox One I think, hopefully without bugs.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

I mean, any third party companies could at any moment have minority or majority stakes sold to sketchy companies like that or Tencent. Why get attached to a new series that could get scooped up or at least partially purchased into? Your safest bet would be one of the Big 3, but even they could have minority shares owned by sketchy people.

Could you please not bring that up when I'm trying to find hope in an increasingly compromised gaming industry?

Sorry, I normally like to be optimistic, but perfection out of any company is impossible.

Around the Network

Eternal champions is an older Sega game that you may be interested in as a replacement for that old school figher feel.

At least for the meantime until the prince buys them up too like rumours are suggesting.

I don`t need for SNK and don`t think there is for Capcom, at least for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:

There's a difference between "sketchy", and people like MBS.  This guy is actively evil.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

CaptainExplosion said:

For once I'm ok with that. Know any alternatives to Resident Evil? I would've said Silent Hill had Konami fucked that franchise over.

How about The Evil Within? I would love it if Square brought back Parasite Eve.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Depends on what you mean by Resident Evil. If you mean RE4-6, I'd suggest Tomb Raider. It's a bit similar in gameplay in that you're playing as a character who has guns and projectiles against enemies that do not, so the shooting aspect is about crowd control and stuff. If you're looking for a survival horror experience, the best I could think of is Zombi U, which also falls into the Dead Rising category a bit. The game was buggy as fuck on the Wii U, which is unfortunate because it was a really nice survival horror game otherwise. Genuinely makes you think carefully before firing a bullet. They remade it for PS4 and Xbox One I think, hopefully without bugs.

Ok, what about a good game that's kinda like the first three Resident Evil?

Like I said, Zombi U is the closest I could think of. It is slow paced and really focused on survival. It has that same feeling of things could be lurking behind the same corner you passed 50 times already.