By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alternatives to SNK and Capcom Games?

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Could you please not bring that up when I'm trying to find hope in an increasingly compromised gaming industry?

Sorry, I normally like to be optimistic, but perfection out of any company is impossible.

Minority stake is one thing, but when they basically own the entire company, that's a completely different story. Whether or not they could do anything to stop it (there are methods in US law, but I dunno how it works in Japan), it's now their company, so at that point it makes sense to stop patronizing them.

Around the Network

Bayonetta for DMC
Evil Within 1-2 for RE
Arc System Works fighting games instead of SNK
God Eater for Monster Hunter

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Minority stake is one thing, but when they basically own the entire company, that's a completely different story. Whether or not they could do anything to stop it (there are methods in US law, but I dunno how it works in Japan), it's now their company, so at that point it makes sense to stop patronizing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had all the enemies in Metal Slug replaced with Jews, or have Terry beat Mai for not praying five times a day. Saudi Arabia doesn't value human lives, only money and anti-Semitism. It's every negative stereotype about Arabs rolled into a whole country. -_-

That would surprise me. It's still an investment. Don't think those are money making ideas.

CaptainExplosion said:

Ok, what about a good game that's kinda like the first three Resident Evil?

Tormented Souls seems okay. Not great, not bad. Keep in mind it's a low budget game.

Dauntless is a good Monster Hunter game.
The Medium is a solid horror game
Dragon ball z fighter is a good Marvel vs Capcom replacement
Fighting Ex Layer instead of street fighter

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Jpcc86 said:

Just sell your soul to the devil and play the videogames you like. Might as well make yourself happy while you are alive, cause I doubt some Saudi Prince is gonna get stressed out because he is not getting those captainexplosion dollars anymore. Join us in the darkness. Be one with the void.

Void, you say? You chose your words poorly. *eviscerates Jpcc86, puts a bomb in the wound, sews it back up, kicks him out a window and detonates the bomb*

Another good Metal Slug alternative is Blazing Chrome.

Lol such a shameless Contra Hard Corps 'inspired' game. Wth xD

As for this thread.. uh-huh *moves along*