By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alternatives to SNK and Capcom Games?

Eternal champions is an older Sega game that you may be interested in as a replacement for that old school figher feel.

At least for the meantime until the prince buys them up too like rumours are suggesting.

Around the Network

I don`t need for SNK and don`t think there is for Capcom, at least for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Could you please not bring that up when I'm trying to find hope in an increasingly compromised gaming industry?

Sorry, I normally like to be optimistic, but perfection out of any company is impossible.

I mean so many companies are being bought out by scum like Xi Xinpig and Mohamed bin Sodomite. -_-

ironmanDX said:

Eternal champions is an older Sega game that you may be interested in as a replacement for that old school figher feel.

At least for the meantime until the prince buys them up too like rumours are suggesting.

Great, now Terry, Mega Man, Ryu, Ken, AND Sonic have to be kicked out of Smash Bros. to avoid funding a royal terrorist. Why don't we just take the gaming industry out back and shoot it through the fucking head while we're at it, since there seems to be no hope for it's future anymore? -_-

Dulfite said:

I mean, any third party companies could at any moment have minority or majority stakes sold to sketchy companies like that or Tencent. Why get attached to a new series that could get scooped up or at least partially purchased into? Your safest bet would be one of the Big 3, but even they could have minority shares owned by sketchy people.

There's a difference between "sketchy", and people like MBS.  This guy is actively evil.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
3DS - Pushmo (2011)
3DS - New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
Dulfite said:

I mean, any third party companies could at any moment have minority or majority stakes sold to sketchy companies like that or Tencent. Why get attached to a new series that could get scooped up or at least partially purchased into? Your safest bet would be one of the Big 3, but even they could have minority shares owned by sketchy people.

There's a difference between "sketchy", and people like MBS.  This guy is actively evil.

And he even seeks out like-minded cockroaches.

I hope there's a game out there sometime where in the end you get to kill a stand in for MBS, just like how Midway made Total Carnage in 1992, where at the end you kill a stand in for Saddam Husein.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

For once I'm ok with that. Know any alternatives to Resident Evil? I would've said Silent Hill had Konami fucked that franchise over.

How about The Evil Within? I would love it if Square brought back Parasite Eve.

V-r0cK said:
CaptainExplosion said:

For once I'm ok with that. Know any alternatives to Resident Evil? I would've said Silent Hill had Konami fucked that franchise over.

How about The Evil Within? I would love it if Square brought back Parasite Eve.

Yeah, or if there were indie devs that were good at making a survival horror game in the style of classic Resident Evil.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Depends on what you mean by Resident Evil. If you mean RE4-6, I'd suggest Tomb Raider. It's a bit similar in gameplay in that you're playing as a character who has guns and projectiles against enemies that do not, so the shooting aspect is about crowd control and stuff. If you're looking for a survival horror experience, the best I could think of is Zombi U, which also falls into the Dead Rising category a bit. The game was buggy as fuck on the Wii U, which is unfortunate because it was a really nice survival horror game otherwise. Genuinely makes you think carefully before firing a bullet. They remade it for PS4 and Xbox One I think, hopefully without bugs.

Ok, what about a good game that's kinda like the first three Resident Evil?

Like I said, Zombi U is the closest I could think of. It is slow paced and really focused on survival. It has that same feeling of things could be lurking behind the same corner you passed 50 times already. 

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Could you please not bring that up when I'm trying to find hope in an increasingly compromised gaming industry?

Sorry, I normally like to be optimistic, but perfection out of any company is impossible.

Minority stake is one thing, but when they basically own the entire company, that's a completely different story. Whether or not they could do anything to stop it (there are methods in US law, but I dunno how it works in Japan), it's now their company, so at that point it makes sense to stop patronizing them.

JWeinCom said:
Dulfite said:

Minority stake is one thing, but when they basically own the entire company, that's a completely different story. Whether or not they could do anything to stop it (there are methods in US law, but I dunno how it works in Japan), it's now their company, so at that point it makes sense to stop patronizing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had all the enemies in Metal Slug replaced with Jews, or have Terry beat Mai for not praying five times a day. Saudi Arabia doesn't value human lives, only money and anti-Semitism. It's every negative stereotype about Arabs rolled into a whole country. -_-