By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 VRR details: release in the coming months

Happy for the people with VRR displays.

Around the Network

It's a super useful feature for games that don't hit performance when they should, especially on launch.

Good to see it coming to PS5.

Consoles get closer and closer to PC levels of gameplay experiences with each passing year. This is a great option to have and hopefully developers are quick to hop on it!

Awesome... I mean I'm probably not going to own a VRR capable tv anytime soon but it's still great to see every feature available.

Finally. Bit ridiculous that it took a year and a half and isn't universal, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Around the Network

Took their time but good that its finally out. Weird that its set by a game by game basis, though I guess having something is better than nothing lol. Makes for a nicer, smoother experience when there are frame drops.

Now just waiting for that 1440P support, Sony.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 March 2022

TallSilhouette said:

Finally. Bit ridiculous that it took a year and a half and isn't universal, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Honestly I don't think its ridiculous, probably only a tiny % of PS5 owners have a VRR TV and not many games are truly in need of it (like Eldern Ring). If it wasn't for digital Foundary, I think it'd be at the back of 99% of people's minds.

twintail said:

Na

Na what ? are you implying that Narwhales have some kind of involvement in VRR.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot