By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish SW & HW Sales - Week 9 2022 (GT7 & Triangle Strategy)

Tagged games:

With these numbers I think Sony has no choice but to do cross gen games otherwise they would suffer in software as well

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Ps5 sales are expected to be atrocious for this quarter ( 2 million shipments only ) , then Sony expects record ps5 sales mid to late summer to the rest of 2022 catching ps4 LTD sales. We shall see.

mM
Kyuu said:
shanbcn said:

Ventas de lanzamiento de Gran Turismo 3 - 26.000 unidades

Ventas de lanzamiento de Gran Turismo Sport - 28.000 unidades

Ventas de lanzamiento de Gran Turismo 7 - 32.000 unidades

Ventas de lanzamiento de Gran Turismo 4 - 86.000 unidades

Ventas de lanzamiento de Gran Turismo 5 - 92.000 unidades

With digital GT7 likely sold over 50k. Though still far behind GT5 but ahead of GT Sport.

Still cannot believe how Sony ruined GT last gen. Gran Turismo 6 should have been a PS4 game.

If the digital ratio is similar to the UK (I'm clueless about the digital market in Spain), numbers would be around 75k, which is an excellent result all things considered (shortage, sim racer decline, Gran Turismo's development mess since GT5, the much higher pricetag, fewer days of tracking etc).

But it's the legs that matter the most, and with Sony's new pricing model, the game may initially struggle against GT Sport which got a huge permanent price drop by its 2nd month.

I still expect it to outsell Sport by a decent margin when all is said and done, and generate far greater revenue/profit.

Oh yes right, its likely 75k which is huge success. So Spain numbers are not that far behind GT5. And I doubt GT7 will drop in price anytime soon, its legs will depend on PS5 stock in Europe. Overall in terms of revenue it will be way higher then GT Sport. 

Which is why making GT6 PS3 exclusive and releasing it at the end of 2013 along with PS4 was huge disaster for franchise. GT Sport didn't do that well either. 

trunkswd said:
leo-j said:

Ps5 sales are expected to be atrocious for this quarter ( 2 million shipments only ) , then Sony expects record ps5 sales mid to late summer to the rest of 2022 catching ps4 LTD sales. We shall see.

With such low shipments I don't see how they can improve so much to set record sales and have PS5 catch up to the PS4 that fast. Shortages are supposed to start improving this summer, but it will until sometime in 2023 for the shortages to be mostly gone. 

Even if shortages improve, Sony already did all the PS4 it could back in the day, so it's not only a matter of being able to produce more PS5 consoles, it's about being able to produce more consoles than ever to not only meet demand, but surpass the demand that there was for PS4s. And that will take a lot more time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.