By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Hug Thread

SegaHeart said:

My mom strongly is against me having kids , she still want's to feel young and doesn't want to be a grandma (Selfish) , She convinced I think my big sister to never have kids and my little brother 27 years old never had sex with anybody ever .

If you are older than 27, it should be of little concern to you that your mother does not want to be a grandmother. At some point you have to live your own life. But I will say this: perhaps your mother is right for the wrong reasons. You cannot possibly have a child without the means to support it. I would suggest you first work on finding a job. Does not have to be super prestigious or well paid. Just enough for your independce. Than you need to find a woman with whom you can have a sustainable, happy, reciprocal relationship. I think at that point you can start worrying about a child.

Sorry, that your mother seems to be so difficult with these matters. I hope she will change her opinion in the future.

Around the Network

Happiness is progress. Best wishes all of y’all

Definitely can be rough to deal with one's own stressful life happenings on top of all the bs and darkness in today's society. Trying to frequently remind myself to sort of channel my passion and worries about the world into my own sphere and areas of my life I can actually control. But you spend the amount of time on the internet I do, and you really get a front row seat of the general ugliness of humanity, can overwhelm me at times. Can make you a tad nihilistic. 

It pays to just unplug for some time, even if that means just sitting outside with some tea or taking a walk to enjoy nature, kinda get closer to the land and readjust to what's real. As cheesy as it sounds it does usually work for me. Sometimes it's just a matter of visiting an old friend and shooting the breeze for a bit, reading a book or getting immersed in a new film, just to distract yourself from looking at your phone or plugging back into the crazy information overload of the internet.

I tend to have an addictive personality so I can sort of tumble down the rabbit hole of a message forum or comment secetion of a topic that piques my interest for hours on end. Really hard for me to break from these distractions.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

SegaHeart said:

My mom strongly is against me having kids , she still want's to feel young and doesn't want to be a grandma (Selfish) , She convinced I think my big sister to never have kids and my little brother 27 years old never had sex with anybody ever .

Tell her you don't want to end up like Norman Bates.

Start by getting a job, once you have a job and financial security finding a woman won't be that hard. Essentially women want a guy who has his shit together and is dependable. Forget all the shit you see in movies, real women who are down to earth care about stability.

I will just come forward to say that, in between my passionate comments about the industry (which are usually positive, like about games I look forward to and the likes), I have criticized and been abrasive to many of you here, usually when I feel something is done in bad faith, but I don’t want to use this or anything of that nature as an excuse.

For the majority of the past 7-8 years, I have been struggling to find my place with the people around me, have struggled with loneliness, despite having a lot of friends, and going out quite a lot with them. There’s been something missing in me, and that has affected me in a manner that has made me lash out at people online here and in other social platforms. I don’t present myself like this outside of the internet. I don’t get into quarrels often in my every day life, it’s in fact the complete opposite.

With all that being said, I wanted to use this thread, which I think is a good idea from axum, to express my sincerest apologies to everyone I have been abrasive, mean, or rude throughout my many years here. I shouldn’t use social platforms to evacuate what I keep bottled up offline, or let my mood take over and throw it at you all.

I’m a pretty reserved person irl, while still being a social creature. I should know better and find a way to remain the same person online as I truly am offline..

So again, I’m sorry.

Last edited by Hynad - on 27 May 2022