By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Excited for GT7? Me, too, so I unboxed a Thrustmaster T300RS!

There a bugs and some questionable physics. It's hotly debated on GT Planet atm
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-physics.392642

Some cars feel too easy / forgiving, some nearly impossible to drive. There is something odd going on.

This is clearly bugged, can't do what the demonstration does:

And beware of rain. You can't feel aquaplaning coming, but it's pretty instant when the rain meter fills up into a segment incompatible with your tires

Instant loss of all traction and spin out when the bar (lower left) hits the upper third segment (where you need heavy wets).
The second segment supports IM tires, with regular tires you can only drive in the lower third segment.

If you try to make a draft pass and go off the dry line, the meter adjusts to the wet section of the track and instant loss of all traction if it goes a bit too high. When it rains, don't pass, just nudge the AI off the dry line... It doesn't spell good news for online races. 

But it is extremely immersive to get hit by a rain storm in a race, very cool. Just got to watch that water gauge.

Around the Network

Rallying on the wrong tires (bug introduced in the latest patch). Still do-able, except gold is firmly out of reach

You're supposed to do these challenges on Dirt tires, yet this makes drifting all that more satisfying haha.

ZyroXZ2 said:

Chris Hu said:

Not really since both the launch track and car list are pretty underwhelming, I wait until it's on sale for under $50 by then they should have closer to 500 cars and added a few more tracks. Hopefully they bring back Silverstone Circuit or Twin Ring Motegi and add a new track like Yas Marina Circuit, Circuit of the Americas, Watkins Glen International, or Road America.

I'm going to play and see, sometimes "numbers" aren't the whole picture!  Besides, it's not like that can't just add that stuff... It's 2022, almost every game is modifiable post-launch in just about every aspect.  Look at Fortnite and Warframe, both games of which have completely overhauled their entire graphics engines!  Anything's possible nowadays haha

Well, that is what I was saying.  I doubt it will be on sale under $50 anytime soon.  By the time it's that price it should have added enough content to actually justify its price.  I might even hold out until its less than $40 since I still got two expansions in Forza Horizon 5 that I already have paid for.

With the campaign out of the way, GT7 is actually very good. The campaign just isn't. I'm currently going from track to track, doing the races I haven't won yet with tuned cars this time at the PP limit. It's pure bliss when you drive within the limits. The physics get a bit wonky when you push the car too hard, but that does make it more rewarding to find the sweet spot. There is a lot of risk in pushing the car, a lot more reward for driving within the limits.

And that dynamic lighting! The campaign had all those short 2 or 3 lap races, too short for dynamic weather and time changes. Now I'm on to 10 lap, 20 to 30 minute races with spectacular sunsets, sunrises, dynamic clouds, haze, and now and then rain. Also with tire wear and fuel use, plan a pit stop. So much more enjoyable than the static campaign sprint races.

Once I complete all the races in first, I'll make my own endurance races with cars picked from my garage as opponents. Multi-class Le Mans, N24, Spa are going to be epic with dynamic weather. You can either program the weather progression or leave it all randomized. I figure a 3 hour race with 8x time acceleration or 4 hour with 6x acceleration will give me a goo feeling for 24h races.

Now if only you could save and share custom race settings, that would be a great addition. I loved that from Drive Club! Community race events need to be added.

GT7 is an odd one. Terrible first impression (mandatory music rally, then a 10 minute unskippable intro movie, followed by a lot of blah blah and everything locked), slog of a campaign which is over when it finally starts to get good. But then it gets great! Back to the track, next Daytona infield race, 10 laps, PP 730, with the Supra GT500.