By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

BFR said:

Looking at those prisoners, it looks to me like they're for the most part barely adults. Really at this rate Russia will loose an entire generation - which was already thin because birth rates dropped like a rock from a cliff after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Around the Network

Hungary wants Ukraine to cease fire in Kursk Oblast, and i'm sure that this will happen. 100% chance, thanks for your wide ranging view of the situation hungary
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/08/22/7471446/

Bofferbrauer2 said:
BFR said:

Looking at those prisoners, it looks to me like they're for the most part barely adults. Really at this rate Russia will loose an entire generation - which was already thin because birth rates dropped like a rock from a cliff after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Soldiers that were never meant to enter the war special military operation, a lot of young unexperienced conscripts, it'll make them valuable in prisoner swaps but any other country would be blaming their leader right now, not Russia though, they'll blame anyone but Putin, the local government, the local military, Ukrainians, etc. Even when he wipes out Russia's population, they'll still not blame Putin and instead blame someone else.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 August 2024

Bofferbrauer2 said:
BFR said:

It makes me wonder which provinces Moscow draws its soldiers from.

The thing about the Russian Federation, is that it's still a colonial empire. Their goal has been Russification for well over a century, they spend the lives of the other nationalities, particularly in the upper echelons of their society, and replace them with people from the core regions, particularly Moscow. Ukraine was one such country when it was part of the Russian Empire and the USSR. Many of those remaining regions are de-politicized after generations of dictators, and have an aversion toward caring about the politics of the country. They have a history of policies that reduce the population of the non-Russified regions, while encouraging population increase and giving all the benefits to the core (Namely Moscow) so they can actually achieve this.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

What a coincidence that Modi is visiting Ukraine for the first time ever as Ukraine is invading Russia, I'm sure it's not to beg Ukraine to leave Russia and then surrender their territory for "peace" so that India can rest easy on blood money.

If Ukraine could use ATACMS Cluster on these fellas right now...

- A Su-34 and Su-24 were completely destroyed in the repair zone.
- A Su-34 was destroyed or damaged beyond repair in hangar 3.
- Two Su-34s were likely damaged in hangars 5 and 6.
- A Su-24 was likely damaged in hangar 7.
- It’s unclear if there was an aircraft in hangar 4, but if it was, it was probably destroyed or seriously damaged.