By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

‘That Ship Has Sailed’: Western Efforts to Court China on Ukraine Flop | Semafor

How Turkey Became Putin’s ‘Pit Stop’ For Selling Camouflaged Fuel To The EU – POLITICO

How does that saying go; fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me if it becomes "fool me twenty times" like Europe with China...Only a week or so ago we had European leaders saying that China promised them they'd stop helping Russia and how we can trust China, Lol. Europe can't even properly enforce its own sanctions on Russia. Weakness all round, I'm tired.

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 May 2024

I wish the Baltics had the military might of those in western Europe...In an ideal world the roles would be reversed, those massive powerhouses in western Europe would instead be tiny countries with limited firepower and it would be the Baltics who are the strongest military force in Europe. Baltics are proving that bravery isn't limited to how big or small you are.

BFR said:

Guys, my only thought on the harsh restriction the US has imposed on Ukraine not being allowed to use US weapons to attack true Russian soil is the nuclear threat.

By this measure, Russia may consider an attack on its soil by Ukraine utilizing US weapons, as an indirect attack by the US against Mother Russia, thus justifying a Russian nuclear response against Ukraine. This communication may have already taken place between Russia and the US using back channels. If this is true, then it would explain why the US has been insisting on this restriction all along.

Looks like we'll be waiting to see tens of thousands of Russian soldiers die, because the USA gave the order that their huge aid package shall not be used against Russian soldiers. This is exactly why the aid package didn't excite me: The limitless ineptitude and stupidity of the American leaders. The Republican House leader actually did them a favor by drawing all the blame on him for months.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

USA lifted the restriction (and UK) but honestly I don't believe them until I see Storm Shadow/HIMARS used on Russia...

Just where I'm at with my trust in the West ATM.