By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Of course China is stepping up support, who could have seen this coming? Continued slowness and weakness from the West has given China nothing to fear, the West should have went full force against Russia from day one in support of Ukraine to show their strength, to show unity, to show what happens to imperialist countries like Russia and China trying to invade another country but they instead opted to drag this shit out.

As for America, I would like to see European countries publicly come out in support of Ukraine and tell America to shut up in terms of Ukraine striking military targets with its own drones, I need to see someone leading Europe, like France, taking over from America, Europe is our land to defend, Ukraine losing wouldn't affect America anywhere near as much as it would affect Europe so America should keep its whining to itself.

The issue is when someone steps up to lead, like France, people like America and Germany moan at them.

Depressing state of affairs wherever you look. 

Around the Network

Ukraine: No.

Fuck off Trump.

Damn, Ryu beat me by a few seconds. :)

Around the Network

If Ukraine isn't listening to America about drone striking oil refineries, how the fuck does Trump think they're going to listen to him about giving up territory? Lol.

Amazing that all these peoples idea of "peace" is achieved by letting dictators take whatever they want.

Sticking my head in the sand and pretending something isn't happening = Peace?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 April 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Fuck off Trump.

Russia wouldn't have agreed either. How naive the Donald is to think that Russia would cede Cherson and Zapo to Ukraine.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Ryuu96 said:

Fuck off Trump.

Russia wouldn't have agreed either. How naive the Donald is to think that Russia would cede Cherson and Zapo to Ukraine.

Yeah and they've already publicly said multiple times they want Odesa still and up to Kyiv but I think arguably Odesa may be more important to them because they can cut Ukraine off from the sea completely and expand their control of the Black Sea, it would also link them with Transnistria and Moldova will be far easier to take than Ukraine.

Russia keeping Donbas as a whole would still be a net gain and reward for them, as they didn't and still don't control all of Donbas and rewards them with Mariupol, another key port city, it basically tells Russia to restore their military and try again in the future, then we'll make another "peace" deal with them, keep whatever you take next in exchange for "peace" and keep doing that.

The only way to guarantee Ukraine's safety in a territory concession would be Ukraine's immediate ascension into NATO, like within weeks, so Russia doesn't start any minor village conflicts to scare other countries into not approving Ukraine's NATO bid, I don't see this as a likely scenario at all and also, fuck Russia, they don't deserve shit and Ukraine shouldn't have to give up anything.

IIRC Donbas is a wealth of resources as well, heavy metals and coal, another reason Russia wants it so much.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 April 2024

The situation in Kharkiv is very harsh. Russian terror is constant. Russians began using guided aerial bombs against the city almost daily.

We are looking for ways to increase Kharkiv's ability to protect the sky. This is a task for both our military and diplomats, who are in charge of international communication and must maintain daily dialogue with partners.

Ukraine clearly lacks sufficient air defense systems, and this is evident to all of our partners. The world must finally feel the pain caused by Russian terrorists in Kharkiv, Kupyansk, Donetsk region towns, Zaporizhzhia, Sumy region, and many other Ukrainian communities.

There are air defense systems around the world that can help. Only political will is required to transfer them to Ukraine. I am grateful to the countries that have already helped. Being active in completing this task is the personal responsibility of our diplomats who work in these areas and with countries that have the necessary systems.

"Patriots" must now be in Ukraine, so there will be no need to use them on NATO's entire eastern flank in the future.

-

Zelensky back to having to beg for basic shit.