By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Looks like it is all quiet on the NATA troops in Ukraine front.

I guess Germany were busy legalising weed to argue with France.

Although I did see an article pop up a few days ago that Slovenia (I think) where saying that there is about 300,000 Ukrainian men of draft age now who fled when the war started. They were saying start with signing them up before NATA sends troops.

Around the Network

So, Germany isn't allowed to own aircraft carriers because of the "two plus four agreement" which allowed the reunification of Germany. It's also not allowed for Germany to own nuclear weapons, to have more than I believe 360k soldiers, to station foreign military in Eastern Germany and some more things.

I wonder if Scholz and some other politicians are scared about breaking this agreement with the Taurus situation. I mean, not that they should still care what Russia would think but maybe this would break the agreement which nobody really seems to know completely lol.

https://www.ft.com/content/254c3b86-2cb9-4c71-824b-dacacbbc9871

NATO proposal for a huge aid package for ukraine, to help them over 5 years as a way to ensure that aid can be given even if Trump wins. The article mentions dissenting nations such as Hungary, but nothing in the way of leverage to achieve compliance.

As part of the package, NATO could also take over the operational duties of the US-led Ukraine Contact Defense Group, which coordinates weapons deliveries by about 50 countries to Ukraine, said the people. With NATO’s supreme allied commander, General Chris Cavoli, in charge, such a step could protect the structure from any political change that may result after the November elections.

Around the Network

Following their meeting in Vilnius, Nausėda confirmed Lithuania’s support for Rutte’s candidacy to become NATO secretary general.

“We are doing this for many reasons. I’ve known Mark for many years, he was one of those politicians who recognised the Russian threat quite early [...] and is particularly sensitive and understanding of the threats to NATO’s eastern flank,” the president told a press conference.

Nausėda said that during the meeting, he heard Rutte’s concerns about NATO’s eastern flank and they discussed concrete measures to improve its defence.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/03/28/germany-announces-new-military-aid-package-for-ukraine-including-drones-ammunition-vehicles/

Germany announces a military aid package to Ukraine. And as a follow up to the last article that I posted about from the Financial Times, even if the ba$$$rd orban doesn't let that proposal go through, then individual nations can still help.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 April 2024

Ryuu96 said:

It seems quite humorous that even as ukraines largest supporter, we still need to cover our asses quite thoroughly. 

I've my doubts they would help even if France asked for help but France won't need help from the cowards anyway.

Another thing, I didn't really consider until now that France is probably pissed off about Russia pushing them out of Africa...C'mon Macron, France...Show the world why France is the strongest military in Europe...It doesn't even have to be troops, I just want to see their military contributions to Ukraine explode.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 April 2024