By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Newest Kings and Generals video about the invasion of Ukraine:

Ukraine Needs More Support - Russian Invasion of Ukraine DOCUMENTARY (youtube.com)

This war will probably end in 2025 with a stalemate with losers on both sides.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

This war will probably end in 2025 with a stalemate with losers on both sides.

That really depends on the future arms shipments to Ukraine and how much Russian losses pile up

I think 2024 will be a fairly static year, with maybe some Ukraine land losses as they preserve troop lives over land, Ukraine won't be able to conduct major counteroffensives without the West getting its shit together and production won't be ready it seems until 2025+ so Ukraine is going to have to switch back to defensive for now.

I think the key things to Ukraine's success will be 1. Biden winning in 2024 and 2. Europe's military production fully ramping up. Biden winning would be an almost guarantee of another 4 years of support from America, as long as the lunatic Republicans in House don't grow further but America on the table for another 4 years alongside Europe taking its military seriously would give Ukraine a strong chance.

If Biden loses then I will be filled with dread for Ukraine.

Edit - And countries need to stop being scared to send certain things but I think 2024 will be mostly defensive.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 January 2024

Around the Network

Air defence

• 9 air defence systems IRIS-T SLM* (before: 5)*

Military support for Ukraine | Federal Government (bundesregierung.de)

Ryuu96 said:

Air defence

• 9 air defence systems IRIS-T SLM* (before: 5)*

Military support for Ukraine | Federal Government (bundesregierung.de)

Also 10 additional Marder IFVs. Considering that according to the Oryx blog Ukraine already lost 63 Bradleys (but only 7 Marder so far out of 80 sent beforehand), they probably also come very much in handy now to defend the front.

Hmm, I've not read the Montreaux Convention, my instinct was originally to blame the UK for promising a delivery of Minehunters when they know the strait is closed, at the end of the day, the strait being closed to every military ship (including Russian) is a huge benefit to Ukraine, massively more than a couple of Minehunter ships would ever be.

Maybe there's something that allows it but then Russia would probably just claim that their shit is "defensive" too so eh.

Maybe not worth it.

Russia Moves Forward With Plans to Buy Iranian Ballistic Missiles - WSJ

Lovely, Iran and North Korea getting valuable real-life data from allowing Russia to use their weapons on Ukraine, data which is no doubt intended for threats and use against our allies and we do nothing. Heck we're too afraid to do the same with some of our weapons cause of fear of "escalation" meanwhile Iran backs the Houthi's currently attacking everyone in the Red Sea.

"Concerned" is all I ever hear, meanwhile Russia/North Korea/Iran do whatever the fuck they want.