By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

COKTOE said:
SecondWar said:

Way to twist his words.

OK so, this is directed at me. Maybe you decided to half-heartedly, indirectly respond to me without a quote, because you lack the courage of your convictions. Like most Christians do! And what was twisted? Please explain!

My post was literally under yours. Where is the rule that I have to quote you? It was fairly obvious I was directing it at you and you didn’t seem to have any trouble figuring that out.

You twisted his words as you claimed pi-guy said Christians are the only group who don’t seem to follow to the instructions of their own scripture. He did not say that.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:

My post was literally under yours. Where is the rule that I have to quote you? It was fairly obvious I was directing it at you and you didn’t seem to have any trouble figuring that out.

It's probably the notification part. If you don't quote or mention, there's no notification, so the other party has no way of knowing someone has answered, unless they bother to check.

Wagner Group Leader Says That He Is In Africa: | Ukrainska Pravda

Someone geolocate this fucker and drop a missile on him.

The mandate of the EUMAM mission runs until November 15, 2024, by which time 30,000 Ukrainians should have been trained in Germany and Poland, where other European nations are conducting more training.

Inside the EU’s military crash course for Ukrainian troops – POLITICO

Around the Network

the-pi-guy said:
COKTOE said:

I'm not even Christian, but yes, CHRISTIANS are that one special group of people on Earth that have a set of values, an actual set of values in the traditional sense mind you, that may require abstinence of some sort of, self control, conviction, actual sacrifice, that they fail to live up to. You have this on lockdown. I don't know why you didn't post some charts and graphs, made using your own experiments, using a sophisticated series of models and equations, to show which people most closely follow their beliefs, religious, personal, or otherwise, to the letter, but I'll take your word for it.

Thanks for the outrageous, but not at all surprising shit-take, VGChartz moderator the-pi-guy!

I don't know what post you read. I wasn't calling out Christians as being all the bad guys in the room or something. Christians hold a lot of power in the US in particular, and padib brought them up, so I was talking about how they could do better and how they're not innocent of all of those things padib was excusing himself from.

And I say that as someone who has been a Christian most of their life. 

You think Christians hold a lot of power? What? Where? In the US? What?! Is your TV square shaped? Am I communicating with someone from the 50's via a time portal? OK, that's your interpretation on the current balance of power in the US. I do not agree, but really appreciate your demeanor here. It's what's keeping me from a ban. So, hats off, because my post was pretty aggro.

I can't help but wonder how you've come to this conclusion though. Let's take a trip up north. We'll leave the US for later. Are you aware of how many Christian places of worship, also known as churches, have been razed in the last 2 years in Canada? Are you aware of how the Canadian government has responded to these attacks? Do you know how many arrests were made? We can go through the numbers, and then talk some more about the balance of power as it concerns Christians. But before all that, how is one supposed to interpret this:

"Maybe there would be less degradation of Christian values if Christians actually did half of what they're supposed to believe in."

As:

"I wasn't calling out Christians as being all the bad guys in the room or something."

OK, fine. Not on me though. Bad wording I guess.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

SecondWar said:
COKTOE said:

OK so, this is directed at me. Maybe you decided to half-heartedly, indirectly respond to me without a quote, because you lack the courage of your convictions. Like most Christians do! And what was twisted? Please explain!

You twisted his words as you claimed pi-guy said Christians are the only group who don’t seem to follow to the instructions of their own scripture. He did not say that.

It was, literally under my post.

It may have not been, had someone posted before you did, and I may not have noticed it had I not waited for a response and refreshed for as long as I did, but thanks for literally explaining the situation to me. I literally didn't try to invoke any rule. I literally just pointed out that someone with 2500 posts should know how to respond properly.

And then I literally asked you how I "twisted" his words, and to literally PLEASE EXPLAIN!

And then you posted the same thing again. Literally.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'll actually comment on Padib a little more, Padib's questions were garbage, his "Christian values" is code for bigotry, Russia's "Christian values" are excuses to perform bigotry and genocide. That is all that needs to be said. That is why people are calling him out mostly on that specific point. The only "Christian values" being lost in the West are ones used to excuse bigotry.

So give me a break with the "woe is me" Christian argument, especially in a thread where a country is often using Christianity as an excuse to commit horrific acts. I have no issue with Christians as a whole, we have a user in here who is quite clearly Christian and supporting Ukraine but a decent sized portion of people and groups use religion as an excuse to commit horrific acts, such as Russia, and that causes the reactions you see here.

Nobody is saying "All Christians Suck!" or "Only Christians Do Bad Things!" but making an observation that a lot of Christians do bad shit and don't follow their own teachings to not be massive dickheads. This thread is about the Ukraine war anyway, not the Christian group, Padib made it slightly on-topic with his baiting questions but now it's going off topic so you can discuss Christians in society elsewhere, US Politics? PMs? I don't care.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 August 2023

COKTOE said:
the-pi-guy said:

I don't know what post you read. I wasn't calling out Christians as being all the bad guys in the room or something. Christians hold a lot of power in the US in particular, and padib brought them up, so I was talking about how they could do better and how they're not innocent of all of those things padib was excusing himself from.

And I say that as someone who has been a Christian most of their life. 

You think Christians hold a lot of power? What? Where? In the US? What?! Is your TV square shaped? Am I communicating with someone from the 50's via a time portal? OK, that's your interpretation on the current balance of power in the US. I do not agree, but really appreciate your demeanor here. It's what's keeping me from a ban. So, hats off, because my post was pretty aggro.

I can't help but wonder how you've come to this conclusion though. Let's take a trip up north. We'll leave the US for later. Are you aware of how many Christian places of worship, also known as churches, have been razed in the last 2 years in Canada? Are you aware of how the Canadian government has responded to these attacks? Do you know how many arrests were made? 

Ok, firstly, what on earth are you in about regarding ‘razing of churches’?

Secondly, yes Christians are definitely in positions of power in the US. Huge numbers of elected officials are openly Christian and talk about their faith in their roles. There is a separation between the church and government, but there is string amount of Christian influence in the US government.

Third, do you realise how condescending you are coming across as?

Fourthly, regarding your last point. Actually, yes that was on you and no it wasn’t bad wording. That was where you were twisting his words.