By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Wait. What?!

I'M SO CONFUSED.

Prigozhin has been exiled to Belarus and lost leadership of Wagner?

Did this MF just get an early retirement?

I don't buy anything that comes out of the Kremlin.

Around the Network

Yeah, Okay. I'm officially fucking lost.

This sounds like Prigozhin has been exiled to Belarus.

Most of Wagner will be dissolved and now officially come under the MoD.

Those Wagner Fighters who did take part won't be charged. Maybe they'll go to Belarus with Prigozhin?

No MoD Leadership Changes?

This is starting to now sound like Prigozhin and a select few of his Mercenaries who don't want to die in Ukraine are being allowed to retire to Belarus. Lmfao.

Nah..If this is true then Prigozhin basically just abandoned like 50% of his Wagner force to save himself, LOL.

I suppose Lukashenko gets half of a private army whilst Russia keeps the other half.

But who gets the African forces? Where Wagner made most of its money.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 June 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Nah..If this is true then Prigozhin basically just abandoned like 50% of his Wagner force to save himself, LOL.

He's Russian, you expected him to NOT be a coward?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Ryuu96 said:

It's just...There was only ~10,000 in Russia taking part in this, IF THAT.

That means the majority of Wagner's 25,000 will be forced to abandon Wagner and sign to the MoD.

I...Everyone comes out of this looking like a massive coward, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 June 2023

1. Russia announces the intention to absorb all PMCs into the MoD.
  2. Prigozhin is told he will be arrested if he refused.
  3. Prigozhin launches a "coup" to try to get a deal for himself.
  4. Wagner almost reaches Moscow, Putin panics and flees to St Petersburg.
  5. Lukashenko brokers a deal with Prigozhin.
  6. Prigozhin's charges are dropped, he gets to "retire" in Belarus.
  7. Most of Wagner is sold out to the MoD.
  8. No MoD leadership changes?
  9. Lukashenko gets (part) of a private military?

Lol.

That story arc was abandoned quickly.

Love and tolerate.

Ryuu96 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I haven't changed my opinion that Prigozhin is a loyal puppet of Putin. It's why I thought something was off about this mutiny from the beginning. It's likely there is a power-struggle going on though but it's impossible to know what game these snakes are playing.

I just don't think Prigozhin is the one to challenge Putin and he isn't good news for Ukraine. Hope he'll end up dead soon. 

Edit. This play isn't over yet, I'm just worried it won't be the ending we were hoping. 

That doesn't really make any sense.

This isn't what a loyal puppet of Putin would do.

Wagner is an ally of Russia's armed forces which just illegally took control of a city, marched on Moscow with the intention of killing Shoigu/Gerasimov and who Putin then labelled as treasonous, Wagner blew out of the sky multiple Russian military aircraft and now they get to go home with no repercussions?

Putin's image is absolutely destroyed now and Wagner looks like the new boss, Putin looks weak, he is no longer Russia's President, Prigozhin is.

This is unprecedented for Putin's Presidency. This is the first time someone has ever made it look like he caved to their demands via a show of force since Putin came into power.

It's a mistake to apply our logic & reasoning to these fuckers. Loyal puppet of Putin will do whatever Putin tells him to do and we have no idea what it could be.

It makes no sense 25k of mercenaries could challenge Putin's regime. There was hardly any resistance which I found suspicious from the beginning, unless Putin was already dethroned and Prigozhin was used for theater. But him backing off all of a sudden like this? Nah I find it hard to believe it was an actual mutiny. 

And now Prigozhin looks like the loser. Shoigu & Gerasimov look like incompetent morons who need to be replaced. Putin? For us he does look like a loser but for Russian people I don't know. We'll see what their propaganda will do in coming days.

This is all my speculation of course, there are numerous of other possibilities. I hope I'm totally wrong and things will heat up in Moscow soon!

Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's just...There was only ~10,000 in Russia taking part in this, IF THAT.

That means the majority of Wagner's 25,000 will be forced to abandon Wagner and sign to the MoD.

I...Everyone comes out of this looking like a massive coward, Lol.

It's like only when you're a heartless coward can you be considered truly Russian. Think it was brave of the Cossacks to drive Jews out of Russia? Think it was brave for the Soviet Union to keep people poor in former British Guyana? Think it was brave of modern Russia to grab every bit of land they could even though they already have a colossal landmass of their own? Their definition of bravery is "Using violence and intimidation to get anything you want.". Russians have proven once again what cowards they are.