By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Ukraine has technically already targeted Russian cities such as Belgorod and since Russia considers Crimea to be theirs, Sevastopol too, and if we're taking the piss, Kherson/Melitopol/Donetsk/Luhansk, Lol. But those are a grey line, however, Belgorod shouldn't be and even Crimea shouldn't be, but the retaliation has always been usual Russian stuff.

We should be giving Ukraine ATACMS so they can penetrate deeper behind enemy lines and yes, deeper into Russia, but I don't agree that they should use it for civilian infrastructure and there is very little strategic value in attacking civilian energy infrastructure like Russia is doing, it's doing absolutely fuck all to slow down Ukraine's military, it's doing nothing to hurt Ukraine's domestic support.

Even aside from a moral standpoint, it's simply a waste, if we're thinking tactically, the only reason to do it would be an attempt to break public support for the government who dragged them into war but I've absolutely zero confidence that happens in Russia of all places, they're clearly half of them terrified of their own government and the other half supporting them in the Nazi campaign.

Ukraine should get ATACMS to use deeper behind lines but if they use it on Russia, it would likely be (and should be) against military infrastructure (barracks, rail lines, oil depots, etc). But sadly, some countries are still too scared about giving Ukraine stronger stuff.

If they target Russia sadly it will unite people in Russia and they will want a war as they will spin it as a Nazi attack. Best thing to do is just keeping taking them down slowing in Ukraine and taking back land. This will hopefully open more eyes in Russia. Who knows may eventually lead to an uprising in Russia if Ukraine take out enough Russian weapons and trained soldiers. We are already seeing people question why they have to join this war and lack of weapons, pay etc.. The more they try to force people to go to war the more they expose how unprepared they are to even defend themselves from an uprising within.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Ukraine has technically already targeted Russian cities such as Belgorod and since Russia considers Crimea to be theirs, Sevastopol too, and if we're taking the piss, Kherson/Melitopol/Donetsk/Luhansk, Lol. But those are a grey line, however, Belgorod shouldn't be and even Crimea shouldn't be, but the retaliation has always been usual Russian stuff.

We should be giving Ukraine ATACMS so they can penetrate deeper behind enemy lines and yes, deeper into Russia, but I don't agree that they should use it for civilian infrastructure and there is very little strategic value in attacking civilian energy infrastructure like Russia is doing, it's doing absolutely fuck all to slow down Ukraine's military, it's doing nothing to hurt Ukraine's domestic support.

Even aside from a moral standpoint, it's simply a waste, if we're thinking tactically, the only reason to do it would be an attempt to break public support for the government who dragged them into war but I've absolutely zero confidence that happens in Russia of all places, they're clearly half of them terrified of their own government and the other half supporting them in the Nazi campaign.

Ukraine should get ATACMS to use deeper behind lines but if they use it on Russia, it would likely be (and should be) against military infrastructure (barracks, rail lines, oil depots, etc). But sadly, some countries are still too scared about giving Ukraine stronger stuff.

If they target Russia sadly it will unite people in Russia and they will want a war as they will spin it as a Nazi attack. Best thing to do is just keeping taking them down slowing in Ukraine and taking back land. This will hopefully open more eyes in Russia. Who knows may eventually lead to an uprising in Russia if Ukraine take out enough Russian weapons and trained soldiers. We are already seeing people question why they have to join this war and lack of weapons, pay etc.. The more they try to force people to go to war the more they expose how unprepared they are to even defend themselves from an uprising within.

To be clear, I'm talking about striking military infrastructure inside of Russia which is fair game Imo and something Ukraine has already done a few times, the only response from the Russian public was anger at Russia that Ukraine could do that. I'm definitely not saying to attack civilian infrastructure, anyone not in the Russian military should not be a target.

Take out the Russian rail lines bringing supplies from Russia to Ukraine, take out the airfields holding Russian equipment, take out the barracks holding Russian troops, as cold as it is, it makes no difference whether they die in Ukraine or die in Russia, they're going to end up at the receiving end of a HIMARS either way. They're being sent to kill Ukrainians, take them out before they are even sent.

It's cynical but I think a lot of Russians really don't give a shit about anything but themselves but they're still civilians so I don't support harming them, but if you attack military infrastructure inside of Russia it might make them care more about their own self-preservation when they see how weak the Russian military is and that can cause uprising too.

Idk why America is afraid to give Ukraine ATACMS when they've already attacked Russian land and the response from Russia was weak.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 November 2022

Of course, we did.

Fucking UK.

Around the Network

Don't think this is true but we'll see.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 November 2022

I believe this is the first Western made aircraft sent to Ukraine instead of Soviet stuff.