By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - ‘Futurama’ Revival Ordered at Hulu With Multiple Original Cast Members Returning

I really love the first and second revival of Futurama, but a third one would be too much

Around the Network

Well, Futurama was great, but I'm not sure another revival of the series is really necessary at this point. Maybe it'll be great, but I honestly thought the series ended where it should have last time.

I love Futurama, but you have to bring back John DiMaggio.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Futurama is great. But they have to keep the same writers and cast, not sure they can keep the quality consistent.

shikamaru317 said:

I'll watch it, King of the Hill and Futurama were always my 2 favorite adult animated series, and there has also been some recent talk from Mike Judge about King of the Hill getting a reboot.

Koth reboot was confirmed. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JWeinCom said:

Koth reboot was confirmed. 

Apparently the article was wrong, the co-creators want to do it, but no deal has been signed as of yet. Here is the update from Mike Judge and Greg Daniels from like a week or two ago:

"Well, here's the weird thing about the way that article ran is... there isn't any change yet. We don't have a deal to do it. I'm not exactly sure if we phrased it wrong, maybe, but it's still not 100%. We haven't worked out the contracts yet. We had the idea floating around that we pitched a while ago, and I think we need to figure out how we would do it well and who would do it with us because we're both pretty busy."

They have been talking about wanting to do a revival since 2018 I believe, but thus far it looks like neither Fox nor any other network has greenlit it. I'm sure someone will greenlight a revival though since the creators want to do it, King of the Hill had very high ratings among adult cartoons, it peaked at 16.3m viewers and even on it's final season still had 6m viewers, making it the 2nd highest rated adult cartoon of all-time afaik behind the Simpsons. Compare that to Family Guy (12m peak, below 2m on the current season), The Simpsons (27m peak, average of 2.32m last season), Futurama (peaked at 8.9m viewers, fell to less than 2m viewers by season 7), American Dad (peaked at about 9m viewers, now at about 500k viewers), South Park (peaked at about 6m viewers, currently at less than 1m viewers), and Rick and Morty (peaked at about 2m viewers, now down to less than 1m viewers). King of the Hill was a ratings powerhouse among adult cartoons, I honestly think that a revival would see more viewers than any other adult cartoon currently on the air, Simpsons was once bigger than King of the Hill, but it has bled a ton of viewers on more recent seasons and now has 1/3rd the viewers than King of the Hill had on it's final season. Fox would be fools not to greenlight King of the Hill for their Sunday night adult cartoon block.

Well thanks for bumming me out.