By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to get cost reduction (smaller Cell) for August

Wow hold out and get a PS3 when its price drops. You would hate to be one of the unlucky people who get a console a week before the price drop. A more energy efficient PS3 model.

Around the Network

if ps3 managed to have a £199 - £249 price point, it would literally explode in the eu!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

it gonna boost the ps3 alot with this price cut,im sure,

More PS3's will be sold with Xmas approaching with the price cut I predict around November. Good selection of PS3 exclusive games are on the way leading up until Xmas 2008 include: Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, White Knight Chronicles, Kill Zone 2, Haze, Socom: Confrontation and many more.

PS3 slim!!! Confirmed!! In all seriousness this is very good news!!

Around the Network

If that's true, then that would be the time i would get a ps3.

because Sony doesn't get the $400 a PS3 costs at retail

Yes it does it gets 518$ at retail

(in its biggest market Europe VAT already excluded) /sarcasm as always we Europeans have to pay for you Americans.

But seriously this is not groundbreaking but nice to know. The question is will they do the price drop for christmas or already earlier for one of their big releases (GTA4, MGS4) GTA4 would have to be fast though. They would need lots of advertisement for this. At the moment I see only Xbox 360 GTa ads. PS3 is not even mentioned.

Good news. I reckon a price drop at christmas would be in Sony's best interests, right when a wide variety of their big titles are hitting.