By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - RIP Bob Saget- Star of Full House, AFV, and more dead at 65

legend. rip

Around the Network

I have vague memories of him in Full House but I haven't watched that show in decades. What I remember him most for, is the voice of older Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother.

Signature goes here!

Autopsy discovered the cause of death to be a brain injury caused by a severe blow to the head that fractured his skull.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Wow wth....

Jumpin said:

Autopsy discovered the cause of death to be a brain injury caused by a severe blow to the head that fractured his skull.

That's what happened to my Grandma. If a loved one has any type of head injury, make sure they get it checked out fully even if they seem fine. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Apparently his family said that he fell like a month before. Guess he had a slow brain bleed that whole time and never realized. 

Or a reaggravation from a blow that occurred that day. Apparently the blow to the back of his head was so severe that the fractures went through to his forehead.

JWeinCom said:
Jumpin said:

That's what happened to my Grandma. If a loved one has any type of head injury, make sure they get it checked out fully even if they seem fine. 

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've lost both my grandmothers in the last three years, both were in their late 90s, but it still hurt. And, if your grandmother was anything like mine (that generation was tough), she likely thought little of her injury, which makes your advice ring all the more true.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
shikamaru317 said:

Apparently his family said that he fell like a month before. Guess he had a slow brain bleed that whole time and never realized. 

Or a reaggravation from a blow that occurred that day. Apparently the blow to the back of his head was so severe that the fractures went through to his forehead.

JWeinCom said:

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've lost both my grandmothers in the last three years, both were in their late 90s, but it still hurt. And, if your grandmother was anything like mine (that generation was tough), she likely thought little of her injury, which makes your advice ring all the more true.

My grandmother refused to use a walker despite how bad her balance was getting. It's sad of course, but her independence was very important to her. I was living in her apartment during Covid (she stayed with my parents), and she was under the impression she'd get to go back eventually and live on her own, but it just wasn't going to happen. In a way, I think it's good that she went before she lost her independence completely.