By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | 20+ major 1st and 3rd party titles for launch

Neat. The specs are decent. DualSense-like haptics and triggers in the controllers sounds like a perfect match in VR. Also eye tracking as well for additional input and hardware IPD adjustment - something that should be in every VR headset. And just having inside out tracking is so much better and cleaner.. only wished they did away with the cable.

But yeah hopefully they'll have full-blown titles for this with VR implemented rather than bite-sized VR games.

Last edited by hinch - on 05 January 2022

Around the Network

Would have been nice if it was fully wireless but still one USB-C cable is a massive step up from the horror that was the original PSVR setup.

Great specs, now just have to hope the price point isn't mental. It should be no more than $299. It is better than an Oculus Quest 2 spec-wise and OLED will drive up cost, but it also doesn't have inbuilt hardware so it needs to at least match the Quest 2 on price point.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Leynos said:

So Sony will release ahardware add on for the hardware you can't find anywhere in stores. Oh neat so this hardware will be scalped and Sony will have 2 new systems impossible to find. Why not focus on getting more PS5's out there before releasing add one system?

- PSVR2 doesn't compete for resources with PS5.

- Relative to PS5, I would be incredibly surprised if this gets scalped hardly at all.

- This has been worked on for quite a while. Horizon VR has been in development since at least 2019, probably earlier. This was planned far before the shortages.

This will tip in favor of PS5 with 3rd parties again , this will make people choose the PS5 version of 3rd party , PS4 had VR support for Elderscroll 5 , Star Wars Squadron , Resident Evil 7 probably Kingdom Hearts? Grand Theft Auto 6 with VR2 support will make PS5 the better version by a mile. Hoping PSVR2 sells better which it will since the complaints were about the cords , and the added eye tracking in VR 2 is the icing on top.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Sounds like a really nice piece of hardware to be honest and a massive improvement over the first.

Around the Network

I've heard Sony is trying to create games that are adaptable to "standard gaming" and "VR gaming"... success in this area would be interesting for the future of VR as it would greatly improve "amount of content" and " financial viability of the product"...
I hope they can create games that deliver a good experience in both VR and "standard gaming" at the same time.
I've also heard that these new Headset/Controls are going to be a big help in the quest to create this "adaptive experience" valid for VR and standard gaming. For example, the "motion sickness" problem has seen notable improvements and the new controller comes with many new options for commands and gameplay.

GoTY 2022:

That's more like it. Can definitely see myself getting this a couple of years after it launches, once it's had time to build up a decent library of games.

Zippy6 said:

Would have been nice if it was fully wireless but still one USB-C cable is a massive step up from the horror that was the original PSVR setup.

Great specs, now just have to hope the price point isn't mental. It should be no more than $299. It is better than an Oculus Quest 2 spec-wise and OLED will drive up cost, but it also doesn't have inbuilt hardware so it needs to at least match the Quest 2 on price point.

299 would be fantastic, but doesn't sound doable at all.

PSVR2 is not just better than the Quest 2 spec wise, it even challenges the far more expensive Valve Index.

The Index is LCD, and PSVR2 is the first to support HDR.

PSVR also has a higher per eye resolution than the Index. 

Neither The Quest 2 or Index support eye tracking: PSVR does.

Then of course there's the dualsense features in the PSVR controllers, and the haptics in the headset itself (used for immersion and to counter balance discomfort from VR).

Id love this to be 299, but with this sort of tech built into it, I don't see that happening at all. The lack of wireless isn't great, but Quest 2 still suffers from latency issues in wireless mode, and Sony probably couldn't solve that themselves.

twintail said:
Zippy6 said:

299 would be fantastic, but doesn't sound doable at all.

PSVR2 is not just better than the Quest 2 spec wise, it even challenges the far more expensive Valve Index.

The Index is LCD, and PSVR2 is the first to support HDR.

PSVR also has a higher per eye resolution than the Index. 

Neither The Quest 2 or Index support eye tracking: PSVR does.

Then of course there's the dualsense features in the PSVR controllers, and the haptics in the headset itself (used for immersion and to counter balance discomfort from VR).

Id love this to be 299, but with this sort of tech built into it, I don't see that happening at all. The lack of wireless isn't great, but Quest 2 still suffers from latency issues in wireless mode, and Sony probably couldn't solve that themselves.

That's good to hear, if wireless headsets now suffer from latency issues then this is the definitive VR to own PSVR2, love that it's the first to support HDR.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

My body is ready

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX-81, Commidore 64, Amega, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10 & PSVR. Plus, I will be getting the New Nintendo Switch sometime in 2019 :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Nes, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.