By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Well, never thought this would happen, but I got an xbox

Runa216 said:
zero129 said:

Yep 100% what i meant, Both consoles offer great games, so honestly dont see how Runa cant accept that. But also so far other then that matrix demo the has been nothing to show off both consoles true power and like you say that is fine as they are still only young into the gen. However having Runa seem like his disappointed with a console he doesnt even own while praising PS5 (Even more so with the games he mentioned) just looks one sided thinking to me.

I mean if we are going just by games pretty much every Xbox first party game has been upgraded for free for Series X, then we have great xbox exclusives like Halo Inf, Flight sim, Forza H5, Psychonauts 2 etc.

Then you need to be more clear with your questions. I thought we were talking about games, not power. 

The games argument has points both ways TBH.  Overall this year, I give the edge to PS5 due to volume of gen 9 exclusive titles, and newer cross gen titles.

But some things to consider...if we factor remasters (like Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and Spiderman), we must also figure the fact that MS has not only remastered more of their X1 titles with upgrades...but they are free upgrades if you already own the game and are included in gamepass.  In this sense, XSX has a large advantage for 2021.

However when it comes to NEW games, Sony definitely won out...just not by as large a game as you might think.  While I would consider most of what Sony put out this year as good to very good...they lack a real heavy hitter.  While MS was slower to deliver with 1st party games, Halo Infinite and Forza are both fantastic.  They completely stole my playtime from every other game I was playing on both PS5 AND Switch.  So while MS had the disadvantage overall and a late start...they definitely delivered the heavy hitters that closes the score gap a great deal (for me).  All in all, I still prefer my Series X as my primary console and PS5 as an exclusive machine...mostly for gamepass.

Now next year will be interesting...because Sony WILL have their heavy hitters.  Horizon is right around the corner and God of War should land later in the year as well.  It will still be interesting however if Hellblade 2 and Starfield drop, with STALKER 2 being their timed 3rd party game (Forspoken for Sony).  IMO both of these games need to be delivered and evaluated before drawing any conclusions, but they certainly have the potential to be heavy hitters as well.  Also I know that both console makers will likely have other games come out next year as well, these are just the major games that stand out to me the most at this time.

So I will stand by what I have said many times...all three console makers are stepping it up and doing great.  Competition is back and you really cannot go wrong with any of these machines.  And as time goes on, we will see that the "xbox has no gamez" narrative that was pushed last gen is pretty much dead in the water at this point (just like it was when haters said the same thing about PS4 in its first 2 years).  Much like gen 7, even more so maybe, having both consoles to use one as an exclusive machine is justified with either device.

Last edited by Shiken - on 29 December 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I've had mine for about nine days. The first day was basically spent updating the system and games I owned and downloading a few games. I didn't play it at all.

Most of the next few days when I could get to it, I was just adjusting the settings in the menu. Then, adjusting settings in the console. "Dolby vision? Looks great but the lag... 4k at 60fps? 1080p at 120fps?" Then, I'd just start over and do it all over again. Calibrating HDR and color settings.

Then, I spent a great deal of time deciding which games go on which storage device. I decided that Microsoft XSX games go on the Internal storage. Other optimized games go on the 1TB Seagate Expansion Card. Everything else goes on my 8TB HDD.

In between all of that, I played The Gunk. I'd started on my Xbox One X and had to see the credits. And I'd fire up certain games. "Gears 5? That looks amazing. Now let's see how Forza looks. Okay. Let's test out Hellblade..."

And FINALLY, now that I have my storage the way I want, my TV calibrated just right, my settings perfect, and my games updated, I've begun playing games properly. And it's amazing.

Hope you enjoy yours!

zero129 said:
d21lewis said:

I've had mine for about nine days. The first day was basically spent updating the system and games I owned and downloading a few games. I didn't play it at all.

Most of the next few days when I could get to it, I was just adjusting the settings in the menu. Then, adjusting settings in the console. "Dolby vision? Looks great but the lag... 4k at 60fps? 1080p at 120fps?" Then, I'd just start over and do it all over again. Calibrating HDR and color settings.

Then, I spent a great deal of time deciding which games go on which storage device. I decided that Microsoft XSX games go on the Internal storage. Other optimized games go on the 1TB Seagate Expansion Card. Everything else goes on my 8TB HDD.

In between all of that, I played The Gunk. I'd started on my Xbox One X and had to see the credits. And I'd fire up certain games. "Gears 5? That looks amazing. Now let's see how Forza looks. Okay. Let's test out Hellblade..."

And FINALLY, now that I have my storage the way I want, my TV calibrated just right, my settings perfect, and my games updated, I've begun playing games properly. And it's amazing.

Hope you enjoy yours!

WoW.Consoles really have turned into PC's.

Facts.

What I actually hate most of all are the graphics settings in a lot of games. You want performance? You have to lose some graphical details. You want graphical details? Well, you're going to have to sacrifice some performance.

Just give me one "right" way to play! Options are good but I always feel like I'm missing out.

I'm considering getting the switch next week aswel. Feeling a little hyped.

Gamepass is easily the best thing that happened in gaming since Steam, but even better. It got me to play so many amazing titles I would never play otherwise, and they didn't cost me a dime (except the dollar I pay every month).