By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gorge or Savor?

When you find a game you love, are you the type to replay it back to back until you're sated or do you prefer to space out your playthroughs over time so as not to ever get tired of it?

I'm more of the latter. I rarely replay a game right after finishing it and prefer to keep it special and come back to it maybe once a year.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 23 December 2021

Around the Network

I replay only if the game estimulates multiple playtroughs like Fire Emblem Three Houses, Resident Evil 2 remake or Detroit Become Human 

There are very few games I've played through more than once, and I never do a second playthrough within a few months of the first. Unless you count Ratchet & Clank Challenge Mode which I do straight away. It's the only "new game plus" as it's called now that I do.

Ahh that's a nice topic. I like replaying games a lot, I think second runs are much more fun than first runs. If it isn't a massive 100+ hour rpg then there's a big chance that I will replay it and have a blast with it. However, I need a little time in between and play something else. The latest exception to this is Metroid Dread, however, which I finished three times back to back and then another fourth time after a week or so. I just love that damn game, I can't help myself.

mZuzek said:

Both.

It's a difficult balance. When I like something too much, it makes me not wanna think about anything else. If I can't think of anything else, I wanna replay it. But sometimes replaying a game too soon or often will ruin it. I've had that happen with a few games in the past (most notably A Link to the Past and Wind Waker) and I regret it. However, there are games that continue to hold up no matter how many times you play through them, good examples for me being the two games I've done speedruns of (Super Metroid and Ori WotW) - with these, I got into the idea of speedrunning exactly because I was still having a great time with them after replaying them multiple times.

I started my second playthrough of the new Guardians game shortly after finishing it, but over a month later I'm still not even 25% into the game the second time around. It probably wasn't the right time for it, but again, it is hard when you can't really think about anything else. Especially with something like Guardians where I've continued to love the movies after watching either of them dozens of times, but the game definitely doesn't feel as replayable as those are rewatchable.

I think all in all, I'd be the former. Uhh, that's... Gorge, I guess? I've never heard of these terms before. I've always been the type to replay/rewatch whatever I love several times over, but lately I've been trying to broaden my horizons a bit more and control myself a bit better because I don't want to burn myself out on anything again.

I assume it's just a misspelling or maybe US english,  savour meaning  taste,  gourge means to excessively eat in one sitting .

Last edited by mjk45 - on 23 December 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Certain games hook me and I can't stop playing them until the credits.. then, I never touch them again (The Last of Us series, Final Fantasy, God of War)

Certain games I play and beat them and I'm already planning my next playthrough. And I come back to them over and over and over. (Batman Arkham, Pikmin, Resident Evil, and be Tomb Raider series)

Other games, I enjoy and I do replay but the replay is going to be so far away from the first playthrough that it almost feels like a new game (Valkyria Chronicles, Zelda games, Metroid)

And others, I just never get into no matter how much I want to. (Bioshock, Alien Isolation, Doom).

And let's not forget the games that are just perfect for bite sized sessions and never get old (Tetris, Mario Kart, Super Mario)

I never know which category a game will fall into.

I replay Ocarina of Time every year, and have since the first time I played it in 2000. I also replayed Skyrim a decade after it’s initial release and am replaying The Witcher 3 after playing it for the first time 3 years ago. So, I guess I’m a savour kinda guy!