By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Best Game You Played in 2021?

I didnt play too many games on 2021, but it will be between Death Stranding and The eternal Castle. Both of them are masterpieces.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

Returnal, I got the platinum trophy about 4 months ago (before the suspend cycle update) and still playing it atm.

victor83fernandes said:

I was saying all year it was Returnal, but I changed my mind today, I got death stranding director cut and its not only the best game I've played this year, maybe last 3 years. Its something different, gripping story, great music, great setting.

I'm glad to see more appreciation for Death Stranding in this thread. It's one of those games that sticks with me (not surprising after putting over 300 hours into it, offline and online play through). The chapter 3 map is the best designed open world map created so far. I loved exploring every little bit of it, then finding the most efficient routes through the terrain.

And it led me to making one of the most elaborate video edits for a game yet.

Ender Lilies might be it for me this year. Celeste and Metroid Dread close out the top 3.

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker :)

Around the Network

Too hard to decide between Yakuza 0 and Yakuza like a Dragon. Loved every minute of those two games...actually loved every minute playing through Yakuza 1,2,0 and Like a dragon this year.

Gonna have to add Halo Infinite Campaign to my list. The more I play it, the more fun I am having with it. It has pretty much stolen the thunder from every other game I am trying to play right now, from all three consoles. The only thing that sucks is the lack of co op right now. Hopefully when the drop co op, they time it with a meaty SP expansion of some sort. The base game would be amazing in co op, but having new content to do it with would be better.

Last edited by Shiken - on 24 December 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I think Guardians of Galaxy is getting the "best game I've played this year" title, as I am near the end of the game

SKMBlake said:

I think Guardians of Galaxy is getting the "best game I've played this year" title, as I am near the end of the game

I need to check this out.  I had low expectations but everything I keep hearing about it is good.  Such a backlog tho...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Hands down halo infinite.