By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hellblade 2 VGAs trailer

Despite Senua no longer being alone it looks like the atmosphere of the first game is largely intact. Wish the trailer had more fighting and less running though.

Graphically, the giant, cloth simulation, and fire effects are very impressive, but the skin shaders on Senua do look a bit last gen, kinda waxy like you'd see in PS4/Xbone games.

Still, it's a long way off still, and given Ninja Theory's track record I'm confident it will be great.

Zippy6 said:

I've noticed hellblade 2 getting a hell of a lot of attention online, which is weird to me as the first game got an 81 on meta and took a whole year to sell a million copies over PS4+PC+XBO. So it wasn't critically acclaimed nor did it sell well. But the level of attention this game gets seems far more than that. I guess once you become a first party title you suddenly get a lot more attention.

For me it's Metacritic and sales are less important than the fact I felt it was one of the best games of its generation and the most emotionally powerful experience I've ever had with a video game.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 December 2021