By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The 12th Semi-Annual PC Secret Santa Event

Conina said:
Bandorr said:

Pondering the wishlist what does sort by :YOUR RANK - mean?
In this statement who is "your".

I didn't rank these games. Did the creator of the list rank them?

Yeah, it should be the ranking of the creator.

But as you already found out, you can't trust this ranking, since many Steam users just add games to the wishlist and don't micromanage the ranking.

Therefore I sort the wishlist by discount. Bigger discounts = more games for the gift recipient.

I also like to gift games of the wishlist which I enjoyed myself... makes it more personal.

Indeed I'm debating that. More has a better chance of getting them a game they like. But more expensive gets them a game they may not have gotten for themselves due to the price.

Best Seller is an interesting option since they may want a game that is "in" right now.

Also most discounted is a good option. Why get a $10 game that was $10 last week. So I start with things that are on sale.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network

Holy shit. Tysm @Bandorr but did u actually mean to give me that many games?

TheWalrusCaesar said:

Yes, yes I did. I had a number in mind before I had any clue who my target was. The only debate was quantity vs quality. Expensive vs cheap.

Figured shotgun was a better strategy. So just blasted a bunch of games instead of a couple expensive ones.  Figured better chance of enjoying more games that way.

Enjoy!

Bandorr said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Yes, yes I did. I had a number in mind before I had any clue who my target was. The only debate was quantity vs quality. Expensive vs cheap.

Figured shotgun was a better strategy. So just blasted a bunch of games instead of a couple expensive ones.  Figured better chance of enjoying more games that way.

Enjoy!

Then genuinely tysm! Been wanting all of these and this was a true christmas surprise

I also want to thank my Santa for his generosity.

So many games of my wishlist. WOW!

Around the Network

I have received the goods. Steam was being weird say 'here is the stuff" but also "no stuff for you". I forget what link I clicked to get to a list of like 'do you want to accept this one?" etc.

But I did. I think it worked. So yeah!

Gifts sent!

Signature goes here!

I have received my gifts. Thanks for being so Generous @TruckOSaurus !

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

My secret santa went above and beyond with the games! Thank you!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Gifts received and very happy with Santa's selection! Thanks a lot and merry Christmas!

Signature goes here!