By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does this still hold true today? about PS fans?

I know this is a joke thread, but I can say it was my experience on this site, raucousy Sony fan will took every opportunity they found to kick the Wii U (and Xbox one)when it was already a TKO. It pissed me off and I was blindly defending those consoles, so obviously it takes all parties to create toxicity.

But let’s be honest, arguments over who’s gaming system is better is an engaging experience.

Around the Network

PC fanboys are terrible too, I'm a PC user, but, my god, we know our platform is the best but damn, the master race boys need to shut up too sometimes. :/ Anyways, everybody disagreeing is good, if we all agreed, this website would be boring and useless.

Most of the PS fans here are pretty cool.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

What the hell was wrong with people back then? I don't think any fanboys are even remotely as toxic as they all were in the 7th and early 8th gen. Pathetic.

Zero - "PlayStation Fanboys are the worst!"

Also Zero - "My PC shits all over current gen consoles and its only standing me less then €200 right now thanks to mining and it has not even been a year since i got it, heck its not even been half a year.. So yeah PC still shits all over consoles and the only thing thats good about current gen consoles is us PC users are finally going to be getting to use the stuff we should of been all along with SSD's etc etc." - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news (vgchartz.com)

Terrible thread, terrible attitude. Good job creating warring trash.

Amazing how hard you've been riding oneechan the past couple of weeks for creating negative Xbox threads and then you make this.

You behave worse than them. Disgusting. - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Steam Page is Live (vgchartz.com)

Complains about toxic behaviour and then exhibits the most toxic behaviour I've seen in my time on this site.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 06 December 2021

Around the Network

Well, can't say I have ever seen a Sony fanboy make a thread like this.

zero129 said:
TheTitaniumNub said:

PC fanboys are terrible too, I'm a PC user, but, my god, we know our platform is the best but damn, the master race boys need to shut up too sometimes. :/ Anyways, everybody disagreeing is good, if we all agreed, this website would be boring and useless.

When did we last hear the "Master race" comments?. how many times do we hear "Your only getting them so you will buy the new ones" etc etc. Sony are never going to go all in on PC gaming etc etc.??

I followed the Steam forums for CP2077 for a while after it came out. Yes, PC users are angels lol. Every bit of critique was coming from console peasants according to the white knights on there. It was the most toxic forum I had seen in a long time.

Also has this ever happened with a Sony game? Probably has.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-05-moderators-lockdown-the-halo-subreddit-in-response-to-toxicity-on-all-sides

Nintendo users are the well behaved ones ;)
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/man-arrested-in-japan-for-threatening-to-bomb-nintendos-headquarters/ (8 years ago)

Stop being a fanboy and you'll see toxicity on all sides :(

It's just that toxic people are the loudest. The biggest fanbase will have the biggest (absolute) number or assholes even though percentage wise there won't be any real difference. Therefore Steam has the worst fanbase :p

But seriously, why is it that every time you post about a problem (looking for solutions) on a PC game, you immediately get several replies: It works fine for me, must be your setup / buy a better PC / don't try to run it on a potato. But there are also always helpful replies, even though now and then the mods have to 'pause' the official FS2020 forums as well when users start attacking each other more instead of discussing the problems. (And yes, there was a lot of animosity towards the XBox release of FS2020 turning their realistic sim into a kiddie game)

Any "fanboyism" is annoying IMO, doesnt matter from which platform it comes from. And I dont really think theres any one in particular for which is "worse". They all suck. In general marrying yourself to a brand in this specific hobby is quite frankly dumb. Its basically self-sabotage, but to each their own. People who play on multiple platforms are the true superior gamers. Absolute legends.

zero129 said:
Zippy6 said:

Zero - "PlayStation Fanboys are the worst!"

Also Zero - "My PC shits all over current gen consoles and its only standing me less then €200 right now thanks to mining and it has not even been a year since i got it, heck its not even been half a year.. So yeah PC still shits all over consoles and the only thing thats good about current gen consoles is us PC users are finally going to be getting to use the stuff we should of been all along with SSD's etc etc." - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news (vgchartz.com)

Terrible thread, terrible attitude. Good job creating warring trash.

Amazing how hard you've been riding oneechan the past couple of weeks for creating negative Xbox threads and then you make this.

You behave worse than them. Disgusting. - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Steam Page is Live (vgchartz.com)

Complains about toxic behaviour and then exhibits the most toxic behaviour I've seen in my time on this site.

Good job taking things out of context by leaving out the original posts, you must love me a lot to try go into my post history and then take my posts (Most of them being replys with reasons behind them). Well if thats the worst you could find from me you didnt do a great job of it. Im pretty sure if you dig deeper you will find other pissed off replys from me to "Some" fans that could make me look even worse . Maybe i should have a check of your post history see what i can take out of context..

Also is it a thing now where its ok for us to go into users threads to try derail it with posts from other threads/news etc etc??.

Nothing here is taken out of context the comments you are replying to are mostly your own and change nothing, plus the full context is linked right there with the link to the article. It didn't take any digging I came across your garbage comments in the uncharted article by chance and your post in the PC thread I saw and replied to at the time you made it.

You complaints about bad toxic behaviour are completely hypocritical.

Also how is this derailing. Your post is literally about the behaviour of fans, calling out a fanbase for being toxic your own behaviour and bias is relevant to the discussion.