By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Sega's Judgment series seems to be on hiatus, team working on new IP

The Judgment games are ok. I would personally like something else from them.

Around the Network

Do we know anything else? anymore hints to what it could be?

Sucks ass. These were a nice way to keep Yakuza fans happy who wanted the action combat which I do. Judgment 1 is second to 0 as best in series.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Sucks ass. These were a nice way to keep Yakuza fans happy who wanted the action combat which I do. Judgment 1 is second to 0 as best in series.

Soon as I heard that LaD was going to be turn based, I got put off the series, but then Judgement showed up and I was like "cool, now I gotta wait for the PC port".

Then a bunch of retarded monkeys at the VA Talent agency decided to get involved with shit they know little about, and well, now we're here, and I hope we get something action based and not what LaD is doing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zero129 said:
Chazore said:

Soon as I heard that LaD was going to be turn based, I got put off the series, but then Judgement showed up and I was like "cool, now I gotta wait for the PC port".

Then a bunch of retarded monkeys at the VA Talent agency decided to get involved with shit they know little about, and well, now we're here, and I hope we get something action based and not what LaD is doing. 

If its the Judgment team working on the new IP 100% i bet it will be an Action based Yakuza spin off. Sega know the is many fans who still enjoy that style of combat and both games in the series can easy exist.

Now imo what Sega should do with Judgment is get anew Actor that they can put anywhere they want and replace the original actor for PC release, Id imagine modders would add the original actor back in and this would be a great way to fuck over that talent agency.

I dunno, because when LaD was announced as turn based, fans were overjoyed, then when it came out it sold rather well, to the point where Sega decided that part of the franchise will be TB going forward, so one could assume that is the new tried and true go-to design template for their next game.

I'm jaded with how TB has become more popular these days, so I'm not really one to look at the optimistic mindset that their next game will be purely action based (no TB, no card system etc). 

As much as Sega does release their games for and by PC, I don't see them making a special "just for you" Judgement version for PC, because that would require hiring a new actor, redoing the entire game with a new model and motion capture/lip syncing, and that won't be cheap (re-releasing that version on consoles wouldn't make much sense either, since the OG version was fine as it was, it's just the agency being a bunch of dicks). 

The only games Sega seems to go out of their way for on PC are titles like Two Point Hospital, which has a smaller budget and minimal changes that cost far less than what Judgement would require. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 November 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Maybe in a few years time we get a remake of Judgement on PC/XsX2/PS5 with a new actor xD.

Reason why i think the judgment teams new IP will also be action based is that Sega have already turned the mainline series into turn based and judgement seems more for the fans of the action style, id imagine it will continue this way to keep both fans happy.

A remake or DE could definitely work in about 5-6 years (not sure if I'd wait that long lol). 

I mean it'd make sense to cater to both sides, but I've seen how RTS and ARPG's have been treated over the years, so forgive me for not seeing the greener side of things. I'm used to pubs pandering to what sells the most or what's popular at the current time. 

Rumor coming from etifluD on ztrahcGV:

New game based on Star Fox. Set on one planet (not sure which one yet). Entire planet is rendered. You play as Curli, a female space squirrel. Your father was friends with the legendary Fox McCloud. You have to help the Lylat police uncover the culprit behind the stealing of some unknown being's DNA locked away in a secret government facility. Fend off assassination attempts left and right as you choose your path to the the truth. You find out they are trying to regenerate something based on the stolen DNA, and you have to prevent it from happening. You eventually find out the DNA is from Andross.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 18 November 2021

Whatever it is, I hope it is removed from what they usually do. What is the point of 3 different IP's based on the same concept?.

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:

Rumor coming from etifluD on ztrahcGV:

New game based on Star Fox. Set on one planet (not sure which one yet). Entire planet is rendered. You play as Curli, a female space squirrel. Your father was friends with the legendary Fox McCloud. You have to help the Lylat police uncover the culprit behind the stealing of some unknown being's DNA locked away in a secret government facility. Fend off assassination attempts left and right as you choose your path to the the truth. You find kit they are trying to regenerate something based on the stolen DNA, and you have to prevent it from happening. You eventually find out the DNA is from Andross.

Is this posted in the wrong thread or are you saying that RGG Studio's new IP is a Star Fox game xD

Right thread. Not a Star Fox game, but a RPG mystery adventure game set it a world within the Lylat System.

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:

Right thread. Not a Star Fox game, but a RPG mystery adventure game set it a world within the Lylat System.

Any idea how reliable the leaker is? 

He's had some pretty radical ideas before, but was proven right by some Animal Crossing prediction years ago amongst some other predictions (he called for something like Gamepass years before Gamepass ever was revealed). Overall, probably half and half.