By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Issue with new BC games

So after yesterday's announcement of new games being added to Xbox Backwards Compatibility I put my Timesplitters 2 disc into my Series X but it says that the game is not playable because it isn't on the BC list.

It doesn't seem to be a disc read error as it looks like it read it well enough to see what game it was. Has anyone else had this problem? I've seen some other BC games have to be digital copies and the physical discs don't work. Or has the update not been pushed out yet?

Around the Network

I've had updates pushed out on Gears of War 3 and Fable anniversary which are all the affected titles I had installed.

Maybe move them onto internal drive, then do "manage game and add-ons" on it and see if you can manually select an update if it hasn't automatically triggered.

AkimboCurly said:

I've had updates pushed out on Gears of War 3 and Fable anniversary which are all the affected titles I had installed.

Maybe move them onto internal drive, then do "manage game and add-ons" on it and see if you can manually select an update if it hasn't automatically triggered.

It’s specifically Timesplitters 2 I’m having the problem with as its not registering that the game is available on BC now. Nothing to move as it won’t let me install it.

Could be an update that needs to come for your region, in my region timesplitters cost 49.99 € while future perfect is 9.99€.

My only issue is I can't play them since I'm exclusively a Gamepass and Switch gamer lol.