By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA on Switch has gyro aiming - FINALLY!!!

On the Wii there was Scarface and Godfather, even Resident Evil 4. One thing that really elevated these games was the IR aiming. It turned a mediocre game, like Scarface, into one of the most fun and satisfying third person shooter experiences I’ve ever played. It turned an Resident Evil game that I initially didn’t really enjoy into a complete skull blast!

Assuming they didn’t fuck this one up, the GTA trilogy with IR motion controls is the real experience  I wanted. We’ll! Better late than never! :D

There are also a lot of really nice improvements on these new versions that wouldn’t have happened had they come out 8-10 years ago on Wii.

On top of this, finally a real GTA experience on a Nintendo console. I mean, we did have China Town Wars… on DS. AND GTA Advance… on the Gameboy Advance. Excuse me for not being terribly excited for those ones :D

If you’re younger, these games might not have any significance for you. If you’re older, and remember how big FF7 was on PlayStation, and the fact Nintendo didn’t have it… we’ll, the GTA trilogy was kind of the same deal for the PS2, a former Nintendo exclusive dev, part of the DREAM TEAM, left and made the most popular games of the generation on another console. Square famously left Nintendo after the SNES, while DMA/Rockstar North left Nintendo in the middle of the N64 generation… this one is less famous than Square because with Square it’s that Nintendo didn’t have adequate hardware, but with DMA it’s because Nintendo was a really terrible and authoritarian publisher for them… not treating them the way they treated Rare… who would leave Nintendo just a couple of years later. Another thing is unlike Square and Rare, it wasn’t a quick breakup… the DMA breakup was long and excruciating, lasting years….

I forgot to mention, VGC posted a list of features, here: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/451432/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-new-info-details-improved-gameplay-enhanced-visuals-and-more/

Anyway! Enough old drama talk. FUCKING GTA with GYRO Aiming! This is exactly the experience I’ve wanted on the Switch. Wii had it, and even if Scarface wasn’t quite GTA, it’s all we could expect… GTA was such a shot at the moon at that point… but apparently that bullet finally hit the moon… travelling 8-12 years through the 385,000 kilometres of harsh cold of space… probably orbiting a number of times, then BAM! Bullseye!

Yes, I’m excited.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

That was the feature that swayed me to buy it. I still want to see what the reviews say, but they'd have to have seriously messed up the port for me to back off buying it now.

Just wish they had the ability to fit all 3 games on one cart...

Definitely a make it or break it feature to me.

Kakadu18 said:

literally stop playing because of it not being present, glad it's finally in.

Around the Network
Yutilk said:
Kakadu18 said:

Nah, I sometimes don't even buy a game because it's not there. I make sure in advance.

Kakadu18 said:
Yutilk said:

Nah, I sometimes don't even buy a game because it's not there. I make sure in advance.

It’s why I skipped Resident Evil 4 on Switch. The IR aiming really brought the game up (for me at least) on Wii.

Motion aiming and third person shooters is a match made in paradise (if paradise is a really fun night club).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Okay so I tried gyro aiming, and it's not good (and I love playing with gyro aiming), maybe a patch will improve that

Judging by the reviews and reactions the performance is bad enough to affect the game and unacceptable for PS2 games brought to any current console, not just the Switch. Looks like I'll be waiting for them to patch out the problems before picking it up, assuming they ever do.

h2ohno said:

Judging by the reviews and reactions the performance is bad enough to affect the game and unacceptable for PS2 games brought to any current console, not just the Switch. Looks like I'll be waiting for them to patch out the problems before picking it up, assuming they ever do.

Switch will the the lowest system on their priority to patch too, while having the worst performance.