By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Zippy6 said:

#40 - Hint: It's out third trip and we're going down under!
Supplementary Hint: This series is a spin-off of another series but became more popular than the original with it's large openworld.
Supplementary Hint 2: There are many upgrades in this game that can help you race to success.

#38 - Hint: This open-world title is set in rural USA.
Supplementary Hint: This series of games continues to be very formulaic to this day.

#37 - Hint: Scoring goals a lot faster than Fifa!

38 - Far Cry 5

37 - ISS 64 (lol)

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

39 - Super Mario Bros 3?

Runa216 said:

50 - Joe & Mac (I don't think anyone guessed this one but I posted it already on the main thingie.)
49 - This Controversial entry in a long-running series garnered plenty of criticism, likening it to Britan's exit from the EU
48 - This is the kind of game that's really only worth whatever you put into it and has a HUGE following on Youtube to this day.
47 - This sequel is what reignited my love for Rush and Megadeth.
- Something like 80% of this game's content was completely redone and available to play on two games higher in this list.
46 - This latest entry in a long-running series is a prime example of good platforming game design, but some people find it stale. I think it's possibly the best designed entry into its series (not my fave, though.)
45 - Witty woman goes in, homocidal psycho robot comes out.
44 - This sequel is what re-re ignited my love for Rush and Dream Theater
43 - you can kill Sasquatch, but it's not a triumphant kill.
42 - For the first time in this series, you can play a full campaign as the cooler, redder character instead of the blue boy with lemons. You could play as them in an earlier entry, but selectively.
41 - "un forastero!" *Throws an axe at you*
40 - Inspired by Ninja Gaiden, this linear 8-bit platformer turns into a 16 bit metroidvania around the halfway mark with Link to the Past inspired world swapping.

42 - Mega Man Zero

41 - Resident Evil 4

Kakadu18 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

41) Yup that's mountain climbing game I was looking for

39) Nope, I don't think I would quite say that for TLOU part 2.

37) Nope. The series for 37 is remakeking games from 1 and up and it's all remakes, no remasters.

#37: Fire Emblem Echoes?

Nope

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Mnementh said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

More hints!

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures... It also has an overly convoluted spell system. When you think you've reached the end you might be in for a suprise

41) Get to the top of the mountain.

40) Unusual to this series and JRPGs in general, the MC of this game can wield not one but three weapon types

39) Despite being released in the same year its console was replaced, it might be the game people most associate with it

38) This series is seemingly well on its way to remaking all its games from the beginning. This was the second remake

37) ^Strangely enough this hint also work for this game. Only the remakes have been more split over the years for this series

#39: I don't know why Supermario added part 2, as the original TLOU was at the end of PS3s life.

Good question cause yes it's the original I was looking for.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
Kakadu18 said:

#37: Fire Emblem Echoes?

Nope

Are there more than two games already remade from that series?

GoOnKid said:
Zippy6 said:

#40 - Hint: It's out third trip and we're going down under!
Supplementary Hint: This series is a spin-off of another series but became more popular than the original with it's large openworld.
Supplementary Hint 2: There are many upgrades in this game that can help you race to success.

#38 - Hint: This open-world title is set in rural USA.
Supplementary Hint: This series of games continues to be very formulaic to this day.

#37 - Hint: Scoring goals a lot faster than Fifa!

38 - Far Cry 5

37 - ISS 64 (lol)

Correct on 38! 37 is a LOT faster than Fifa. This one will need further hints in the days ahead.

"48 - Furries in space, but with on-foot missions." - I think this is Starfox Adventures

GoOnKid said:

50 - We're fighting for the last time with the Beam Katana as this series supposedly came to an end.

49 - Here, girlfriend, eat this foul, smelly chunk of raw meat that I've cut out from a giant monster for you.

46 - It's a mech game that came out on a very hot platform and eventually received a port for PC. This game opened up a the E³ 2018 presentation of one certain platform holder.

43 - Cybercop twins that use wild beasts on leashes as partners in battle

41 - Camping, Curry, cuddling, collecting, competitions... and hooligans.

Let's try this!
50. No More Heroes III
49. Pandora's Tower
46. Daemon X Machina
43. I agree with @mZuzek 
41. Pokemon Sword/Shield

Zippy6 said:
GoOnKid said:

38 - Far Cry 5

37 - ISS 64 (lol)

Correct on 38! 37 is a LOT faster than Fifa. This one will need further hints in the days ahead.

"48 - Furries in space, but with on-foot missions." - I think this is Starfox Adventures

OH! 37 is Rocket League?!

Last edited by Supermario28 - on 21 November 2021

Supermario28 said:
GoOnKid said:

50 - We're fighting for the last time with the Beam Katana as this series supposedly came to an end.

49 - Here, girlfriend, eat this foul, smelly chunk of raw meat that I've cut out from a giant monster for you.

46 - It's a mech game that came out on a very hot platform and eventually received a port for PC. This game opened up a the E³ 2018 presentation of one certain platform holder.

Let's try this!
50. No More Heroes III
49. Pandora's Tower
46. Daemon X Machina
43. I agree with @mZuzek 
41. Pokemon Sword/Shield

Zippy6 said:

OH! 37 is Rocket League?!

Bingo, rocket league is correct!

mZuzek said:
GoOnKid said:

I already missed the first ten days of discussions and guessing, but I would really like to join you guys. Here goes nothing.

48 - Furries in space, but with on-foot missions.
47 - The chronological beginning of a long lasting series about a family feud against the count of darkness.
45 - Blue Bomber can now slow down and speed up time.
44 - A lightgun shooter that plays in various loations, one of which is a well-known zombie-infected city that may or may not get nuked eventually.
42 - It's a Sakaguchi game that is not Final Fantasy, even though the title is very familiar.
40 - The first game about the Maverick Wars.

That's a lot of hints so I'll try to help you catch up here. I know I have the list, but I haven't seen it yet so I'll just try to guess these before compiling.

48 sounds like Star Fox Assault.
43 is definitely Astral Chain.
40 is, uhhh, Mega Man X? I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable on Mega Man lore.

Alright that's it from me, now to compile your list and surely find out that I knew some more of these (edit: I didn't)

These three are correct!

Supermario28 said:
GoOnKid said:

Let's try this!
50. No More Heroes III
49. Pandora's Tower
46. Daemon X Machina
43. I agree with @mZuzek 
41. Pokemon Sword/Shield

All correct!