By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Finally got a chance to update my list on the Official Thread and I think all of mine so far had been predicted except for #44 which was Before Your Eyes. A beautiful indie game that actually utilizes the webcam of ur PC to move through a person’s life every time that you blink. Its very short and I’ll probably never play it again but it is a fantastic experience, one of the best of the year

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

#46 Hint: This critter could always bash his way around the map but now in the sequel he can actually fight!

Booooo. Way too low.

Edit: uhh, you haven't sent me your list yet, so I'll take this one. Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I thought you'd be a good candidate to guess this one. (Correct answer obviously)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I thought you'd be a good candidate to guess this one. (Correct answer obviously)

"Booooo. Way too low."

- a sensible person

Zippy6 said:
Mnementh said:

more hints:

#42: The character you choose is declared the saviour of the world and thrown into jail right at the beginning of the game. Explore the world in 3rd-person view while batlling the turn-based with you armies in an overview from above. This title is the first in the series, that simply get's a 2 attached to the series name, but it isn't the second game.

Two Worlds?

nope

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Guessed by UnderwaterFunktown

You might not know this, but the first PlayStation is actually one of my favourite consoles ever. I always say the 5th Generation of Video Game Systems is the best era we ever had regarding gaming, but it's not all about the Nintendo 64. The PlayStation is home to multiple games on my list, the first one, returning to the list, is 'Crash Bandicoot: Warped', known in the PAL regions by the very different name 'Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped'.

The game is fast-paced, has humour, and the animation of the characters is absolutely great. The levels are varied and colourful and there's plenty of content. This and predecessor 'Cortex Strikes Back' were two of my most played PlayStation games, but sadly I never got around to playing the remake, or the sequel. Well, I did play the first sequel, 'The Wrath of Cortex' on GameCube, which was fun as well. I don't really get why this had be retconned. It doesn't matter though, Crash 3 was a lot of fun, and that's what's important.

Around the Network

43: Post apocalyptic Massachusetts.
42: Some of my favorite quotes come from the generic fighter class in this game. "I want more!"

Extra hint for #42 and first hint for #41. 

#43: Perhaps a hard game to guess and make hints for, but a certain console maker used to make a series of sports games of which the first word (though there's also a game with this first word that's not a sports game) was always the same. This game has something to do with yellow balls. Virtua Tennis - Guessed by Zippy6

#42: Your callsign seems to assume you're still a rookie, even though you've already been a pilot in a serious adventure in the previous game.

Hint 2: I think that's why there's a level where you have to listen to you instructor, follow [his] lead and do as [he] says.

#41: This game introduced many new technical features, including multiple floors and the ability to look and shoot up or down.

Farsala said:

Fallout 4

S.Peelman said:
Farsala said:

Fallout 4

That's right. Another sequel from Bethesda that I am waiting for.

Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

Fallout 4

That's right. Another sequel from Bethesda that I am waiting for.

My mother is a huge Bethesda fan believe it or not. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout are her thing. She can't wait for sequels to both, but I guess we'll have to wait a couple more years unfortunately.