By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

#7: Hint: You thought you were talking to him the whole game? Then you must have not paid enough attention to the small details.

#6: Hint: At one point in the game the scope of the entire story sudddenly explodes in size.

#7: Hint 2: You're called the most powerful of your kind, but you are also the only one of your kind.

#6: Hint 2: A summit of extreme hight is where you realize that the adventure has only truely begun now.

#5: Hint: The most underrated summer vacation.

Breath of the Wild is featured in the higher placements here quite a lot I see.

#7: Hint 3: Nothing instills more fear in me than cold, soulless, mechanical beasts with only one thing in their mind: kill me.

#6: Hint 3: In how many games do you accidentally destroy the entire world?

#5: Hint 2: The only game in the series with fully voiced cutscenes.

#4: Hint: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

#5: Hint: The most underrated summer vacation.

Super Mario Sunshine

Darashiva said:
coolbeans said:

2 - Legend of Dragoon

3 - FreeSpace 2?

Correct on both.

Farsala said:

Finally on Christmas break. Time to bust out some hints.

18- Unguessed, and will probably stay that way. So the reveal is Kessen 2

17: You jump a lot!
16: You hit people with a key a lot! And you can visit places like Tortuga or a Colloseum.
15: The campaign in this game is awesome featuring A characters like Arkantos, Ajax, and Agamemnon.
14: Your goal is to conquer China with strategy. Or you can just choose an officer and chill, doing menial work or improving your stats.
13: Your goal is to conquer China with tactics. This game featured Chain tactics, allowing you to do epic combos with 10 or more tactics.

16: Kingdom Hearts 2 or 3

Yes Kingdom Hearts 2.

Hint 2: A green dinosaur appears.

15: The campaign in this game is awesome featuring A characters like Arkantos, Ajax, and Agamemnon.

Hint 2: Make armies of men or monsters like Minotaur, Cyclops, Mummys, Fire Giants.

14: Your goal is to conquer China with strategy. Or you can just choose an officer and chill, doing menial work or improving your stats.

Hint 2: Same name as the old novel and VIII game in the series.

13: Your goal is to conquer China with tactics. This game featured Chain tactics, allowing you to do epic combos with 10 or more tactics.

Hint 2: Half of the name is the same as the more popular hack and slash series, the other half is Tactics 2.

Just one game remains. Honestly, kinda funny how the two more obscure titles from the remaining three were guessed before this one. Here's another hint.

• An age is slowly coming to a close once again.
  • The sun god's fear caused them to stop the end once.
  • The god's actions broke the natural cycle of the world, putting it into an endless loop.

Machina said:
  • Most people prefer this game's sequel. The first game is higher on my list because of its originality, as well as the tighter and (imo) wittier writing.

Paper Mario?

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:

#7: Hint 2: You're called the most powerful of your kind, but you are also the only one of your kind.

#7: Hint 3: Nothing instills more fear in me than cold, soulless, mechanical beasts with only one thing in their mind: kill me.

#4: Hint: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

I'll take a few shots in the dark

7 Metroid Dread

4 Twilight Princess

Farsala said:

Hint 2: Make armies of men or monsters like Minotaur, Cyclops, Mummys, Fire Giants.

So I did know these.

17: Super Mario World

15: Age of Mythology

S.Peelman said:
Farsala said:

So I did know these.

17: Super Mario World

15: Age of Mythology

Yes correct on both.

S.Peelman said:
Kakadu18 said:

Super Mario Sunshine

Correct. I think Sunshine gets alot of undeserved flack.

drbunnig said:
Kakadu18 said:

I'll take a few shots in the dark

7 Metroid Dread

4 Twilight Princess

#7 is correct.

#4 is not correct, didn't realize how good that also fits Twilight Princess.

Runa216 said:
Eric2048 said:

14. This game features an outfit for the main character that the main character from a previous game wore.

13. This game has one of the most violent final fights in a video game.

12. This game is one continous camera shot.

11. This game has the most playable characters from this series. The setting has many steampunk influences.

10. This game has multiple stages where characters can fight. The gameplay is very fast paced compared to it's successors.

I'mma go out on a limb and say 11 is Final Fantasy VI? 

Yes, that is right