By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VG Chartz in the New York Times! Unfortunately, it's a poor article...

The New York Times used VGChartz as a source for this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/21/technology/21wii.html?ref=business

It's too bad though that the article uses VGChartz data to promote the "Wii is for casuals" arguement.  I love how the the author chooses two niche titles, (Z&W and NMH) to "prove" that Wii owners aren't buying games, despite the fact that Z&W is in a genre that's been performing poorly for years (adventure games) and NMH has sold better than any of Suda's other games.  Where's the mention of RE4 outselling the GC version?  Or RE:UC breaking a million?

Oh well, it's nice to see VG Chartz data being used in "reputable" publications, but I wish the results were better!

Around the Network

aww too bad

why didnt they link us...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

CNN, Fox news, New York Times all these media companies need to stop reporting news and making articles on video games. They dont know shit!

Its like a person from 1567 writting about the internet or something lol.

CaptainPrefrences said:
CNN, Fox news, New York Times all these media companies need to stop reporting news and making articles on video games. They dont know shit!

Its like a person from 1567 writting about the internet or something lol.

hey, its advertising. Its all good right now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

What a crappy article. The SSBB comment is sad. "OMG, sales dropped 90% after a month". I bet 100k a week is a big problem for Nintendo and Gamestop.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Lol they don't know this industry at all but least they are getting interest into it for the site.

"Like you know"

The New York Times is not good at reporting the truth.

As another note, just to show how bad this article is:

Halo 3 Week 1: 2,844,837
Halo 3 Week 4: 128,183

128,183 / 2,844,837 * 100 = 4.5%

That is, sales of Halo 3 dropped 95.5% in the first 4 weeks! That must mean retailers were having a hard time selling XBox 360 games! OH NO! :p

"But sales dropped more than 90 percent over the first four weeks, according to estimates from VG Chartz, a team of analysts who study video-game sales."

That made me lol

To Each Man, Responsibility