By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo Reducing Switch Production 20% - Chip Shortage

Incredibly misleading title and article. Nintendo's forecast for the fiscal year was 25.5m. Should it be lowered to 24m, that would be about a 6% reduction.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Incredibly misleading title and article. Nintendo's forecast for the fiscal year was 25.5m. Should it be lowered to 24m, that would be about a 6% reduction.

My title? Or the article title? I just made mine based on the article, but I did put rumor by it.

Dulfite said:
TruckOSaurus said:

My title? Or the article title? I just made mine based on the article, but I did put rumor by it.

The article's title, they base their 20% decrease on a 30m figure that was never officially stated by Nintendo.

Signature goes here!

To be fair, I'm shocked they've been able to keep up with demand thus far, the PS5 is constantly under pressure from the shortage and its numbers vary wildly depending on availability. I guess that not needing cutting edge tech for the Switch was a good thing?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.