By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alot of people all of a sudden are reselling ridiculous game prices , I hate it even craiglist , rip easy game finds now that every gamer snitched gave info to the casuals how much the games are worth

use twitter damn it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

because i rather have no new threads instead of whatever this is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Reasons why I like emulators

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It's the covid effect probably but what generation games are you trying to buy? That is the key. If you aren't into multiplayer much the time to buy is a generation or two ago. I picked up a couple PS3 and games for not so bad prices about year ago at start of pandemic.

It's all about timing. Heck you can pick up 8 bit and 16 bit era games at not too bad prices. It all depends on rarity. So if it was a good game but wasn't well known at time or didn't sold much then prices will be high. If it was a good game and million seller then prices not far out of reach. Case in point Fire Emblem games are expensive previously to 3DS Awakening.

"Now that every gamer snitched gave info to the casuals how much the games are worth" ????

So basically, you are complaining because people now know the value of their games and are selling them at the right price?? 

dx11332sega said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Reasons why I like emulators

I love emulators too.

Emulators only think of you as a friend tho. 

Around the Network

Yeah, I totally agree with you, it's really bad.

*Checks the status of my 2 Shin Megami Tensei V Premium Edition pre-orders*

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Back at around the turn of the century, I went on a buying spree of classic consoles and games. Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo, all the best games to go them etc. They were all fairly inexpensive and cheap at the time, and I managed to snag just about everything worth collecting. Then, in 2007, and completely unbeknownst to me, my ex decided to get rid of everything I owned (a lot of it was in a storage unit that we shared). I was pissed, but I figured meh... I'll just buy them again when I get back on my feet. No big deal.

Flash forward to about the year 2017. I've got a decent job. Money to burn. I figure, what the heck... let's get that collection back. I go on Ebay, search for Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 on Sega Saturn (I had both in my collection)--and my jaw falls into my lap. What the hell is this? I wonder to myself, thinking there must be a mistake. A hundred dollars for each one? But I only paid forty-five dollars for the system and both Panzer games (plus Nights, Virtua Fighter, Daytona, an OEM analog controller for Nights and two regular OEM controllers, as well as all the OEM cables). It was madness. Utter madness! 

Needless to say, I still haven't gotten all my games and systems back, because the prices are just ridiculous. So the OPs feelings toward the subject are more than justified, in my opinion. They're shared.

Scalping is more common these days. It’s easier because the access to some rare games is easier because of importing goods and all.

My 2 copies of Xenoblade chronicles 2 are sitting there just waiting a few years to increase in price (even more than now).

dx11332sega said:
sethnintendo said:

It's the covid effect probably but what generation games are you trying to buy? That is the key. If you aren't into multiplayer much the time to buy is a generation or two ago. I picked up a couple PS3 and games for not so bad prices about year ago at start of pandemic.

It's all about timing. Heck you can pick up 8 bit and 16 bit era games at not too bad prices. It all depends on rarity. So if it was a good game but wasn't well known at time or sold much then prices will be high. If it was a good game and million seller then prices not far out of reach. Case in point Fire Emblem games are expensive previously to 3DS Awakening.

Any game I look up on certain website. it could be need for speed most wanted etc ?

I picked up Need For Speed Most Wanted U on Wii U for 30 dollars new few months after release flop. Timing is everything and if game didn't sell much but decent or good game it will increase in price. My advice to you would be to get a decent computer then get on Steam. Games always go on sale there yet you don't have physical copy. Sounds like you like physical so higher prices you will always have to pay. Maybe go to garage sales or flea markets to look for physical games.

Metallox said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you, it's really bad.

*Checks the status of my 2 Shin Megami Tensei V Premium Edition pre-orders*

Lol, I actually paid the scalping price for the SMT V Premium edition for 200. I'm ok with an 80 dollar markup to get it. In a few years it'll likely be worth far more than what I spent on it. So I guess I'm apart of the problem of what the OP is complaining about.