By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OLED battery life

Interesting results on the battery life of the OLED switch here, it seems like the minimum brightness battery life is the same, but at max brightness the OLED lasts way longer.

Around the Network
TheBraveGallade said:

Interesting results on the battery life of the OLED switch here, it seems like the minimum brightness battery life is the same, but at max brightness the OLED lasts way longer.

That's great. What's also interesting is that there isn't much of a difference in battery life between the brightness settings in the Switch OLED.

Similar thing happened with the 3DS vs Vita. That OLED screen is a beast compared to LCD.

Amazing results, when I saw the battery size, I thought it wouldn't have any difference, but the difference is actually huge

d21lewis said:

Similar thing happened with the 3DS vs Vita. That OLED screen is a beast compared to LCD.

Still have the  OLED Vita and it s a thing of beauty.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Wow. I didn't realize my v1 was so much less battery life than the others. Almost makes me want to bust out $350 to upgrade. Maybe once the OLED gets its first price cut I'll *accidentally* drop my Switch and crack the screen or something and need to get an OLED! ;p

Slownenberg said:

Wow. I didn't realize my v1 was so much less battery life than the others. Almost makes me want to bust out $350 to upgrade. Maybe once the OLED gets its first price cut I'll *accidentally* drop my Switch and crack the screen or something and need to get an OLED! ;p

The screen doesn't crack that easily. I dropped my Switch down the stairs once, it fell through the staircase onto the stairs below and didn't get damaged at all.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 20 October 2021

Kakadu18 said:
Slownenberg said:

The screen doesn't crack that easily. I dropped my Switch down the stairs once, it fell through the staircase onto the stairs below and didn't get damaged at all.

That's because you didn't accidently drop it on a hammer, its a common fault that seems to occur around the time that new product upgrades comes out, the scientific community while still unclear on the whole phenomenon agree that these cases almost always involve three things, significant others who aren't receptive to upgrading essential home appliances they have no interest in, hammers and accident prone gamers, now that we know the ingredients that lead to this uptick in broken gaming hardware we come to the contentious issue of why.

Some say it's just a natural occurrence bought about when these factors align, others talk about a conspiracy involving the targeted selling of hammers and for evidence they point to increased advertising sales of hammers during black Friday week and statistics that show that most  large shopping centres with department stores or speciality stores that sell games also contain hardware stores.

Those that push the conspiracy theory fact contend that it's not just the hardware stores and console manufacturers shouldn't get off scot free since their refusal to either make their screens hammer proof or at least cover it by warranty shows their complicity in this whole saga.

Now we come to solutions and they are easy firstly we should mandate training in the safe handling of hammers starting with those that the average gamer will have some familiarity with i.e. the ubiquitous ban hammer up to the less familiar like jackhammers. secondly we legislate hammer proof screens as a safety device. Thirdly we need public service announcements aimed at our significant others explaining how upgrading our consoles helps gamers with mental health problems and has economic benefits for the family like less hospital insurance that comes about by gamers no longer handling hammers. 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 24 October 2021

mjk45 said:
Kakadu18 said:

That's because you didn't accidently drop it on a hammer, its a common fault that seems to occur around the time that new product upgrades comes out, the scientific community while still unclear on the whole phenomenon agree that these cases almost always involve three things, significant others who aren't receptive to upgrading essential home appliances they have no interest in, hammers and accident prone gamers, now that we know the ingredients that lead to this uptick in broken gaming hardware we come to the contentious issue of why.

Some say it's just a natural occurrence bought about when these factors align, others talk about a conspiracy involving the targeted selling of hammers and for evidence they point to increased advertising sales of hammers during black Friday week and statistics that show that most  large shopping centres with department stores or speciality stores that sell games also contain hardware stores.

Those that push the conspiracy theory fact contend that it's not just the hardware stores and console manufacturers shouldn't get off scot free since their refusal to either make their screens hammer proof or at least cover it by warranty shows their complicity in this whole saga.

Now we come to solutions and they are easy firstly we should mandate training in the safe handling of hammers starting with those that the average gamer will have some familiarity with i.e. the ubiquitous ban hammer up to the less familiar like jackhammers. secondly we legislate hammer proof screens as a safety device. Thirdly we need public service announcements aimed at our significant others explaining how upgrading our consoles helps gamers with mental health problems and has economic benefits for the family like less hospital insurance that comes about by gamers no longer handling hammers. 

Holy shit! I've learned something new today. Thank you for enlightening me with your wisdom.

Kakadu18 said:
mjk45 said:

Holy shit! I've learned something new today. Thank you for enlightening me with your wisdom.

Your most welcome, anytime you need my wisdom and have a few days to spare don't be afraid to ask, not like all those cowards that hide from hard truths, because of those scaredy cats I have a lot of time on my hands so my cosmic truths are available 24/7.